“Major water problem!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
“Major water problem!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Our stay started well on the evening of June 17, 2014. Check in was easy, the room was clean and pleasant. When we woke the next morning (day one of a two day stay), there was only a trickle of water coming from the faucet in the sink and bath. After a few minutes, that trickle became no water at all. The building is 6 floors and we were on the 6th. We called the front desk and were informed they were working on the issue but that our room would be free for the previous evening. About an hour and a half later, there was enough water to actually shower. After breakfast, we returned to the room to find again there was absolutely no water.

We consulted with the front desk staff and manager who advised they are aware of the water issue. There are two other hotels nearby that draw water from the same water main which is insufficient to supply all of these rooms during the peak AM usage time. We were told the issue affected everyone on the 5th and 6th floor that day and that it would not be resolved any time soon. They were consulting with the "city". They offered to move us to a lower floor but that the hotel was fully booked that evening so whoever was placed in our 6th floor room would also have the same issue. It was very clear that this is a recurring issue that the staff and manager were fully aware of.

Luckily, we had a flexible schedule that morning and were able to wait until demand slowed enough to actually get showered. I find it unacceptable that they are aware of the issue and continue to fully book the entire hotel. Yes....our room was free for the night. But, the water issue caused us to cut our trip short by a day and just head home that day. Beware anyone who stays at this hotel and is placed on any of the top floors!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Dan W
Guido R, Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Hello, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Here at the Hampton Inn we take all our reviews very seriously. Unfortunately, we are on the end of a city water line which greatly effects the water pressure, however I think you will be happy to hear that we are currently working on the issue and expect it to be resolved very soon. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly.

Guido

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Turkish first
Roseland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

The hotels in Boston are very expensive and out of most of my company guidelines. The price is very good distance is 11 miles from the city, but a good value and comfortable surroundings. The staff was friendly courteous and attentive to my needs. I enjoyed staying there and will do it again on my next trip to Boston Area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Guido R, Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay here at the Hampton Inn, and we can not wait to welcome you back as a guest in the near future! Feel free to contact me any time for reservations!

Tynemouth, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Nice hotel, really good staff. About 20 minutes easy drive to airport. gas stations close by to fill rental cars if required. Safe location. Few eating places close by. Ask for room away from busy highway.

1 Thank JohnM8
Guido R, Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us on Tripadvisor! I am so glad to hear that you found our hotel and staff to be pleasant as well as our hotel being in a convenient location! We hope to welcome you back as a guest in the near future.

Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel was the perfect combination of good price, comfort, and great location for our trip to the Boston area. we were able to catch the commuter train into the city from Salem and drive ourselves to great sites like Lexington, Concord, and Plymouth. The free breakfast was very satisfying, and the bed just perfect.

1 Thank 876diannan
Guido R, Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Tripadvisor. Our hotel has a good location and is right in the middle of some great local attractions! I am so happy that you found our hotel to have exactly what you needed. We hope to welcome you back as a guest in the near future.

Willemstad, Curaçao
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Easy check in, friendly people, but felt sorry we accepted the accessible room (because the requested King bed room was not available yet). This accessible room was spacious but lacked that cozy feel. Bathroom full of bars, which we (luckily) don't need yet... the bars stained the walls, didn't look nice. Hotel is located in a hard to reach spot at Rte 1. We asked for an area map with driving directions, which was not available. Good variety at breakfast (we would've loved some cheese though!).

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Tripadvisor. I am so happy to hear that our staff and our breakfast left a positive impression on you. I am sorry about the king accessible room not having a cozy feel, but I am happy that my staff was able to find a solution to check you in early. We hope to welcome you back as our guest in the near future.

Trenton, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is a great hotel with friendly staff, free wifi, a pool and a workout room. A bunch of us came up from NJ for a wedding. After the reception, we were able to hang out in the lobby where there are a ton of tables used for the included breakfast. Speaking of breakfast, wow! Omelets, Canadian bacon, waffles, bagels and pastries, cereals, juices, coffee and tea. The woman taking care of the breakfast was really nice, giving everyone a last call when she was getting ready to close it down. The room was exceptionally clean, although there was an odd odor when I first walked in. It sort of smelled like dirty socks, but it didn't seem to permeate the room the whole time I was there (2 days). The room was gigantic. My only complaint was the guy in the room next to me was rather loud and I could hear everything he said during several phone conversations he had. There was a locked connecting door between the rooms, and this may have been why I could hear everything next door. My friends who just had full walls between their rooms said they didn't hear anything. The price of the hotel was reasonable and it's right off a major highway. Warning though: traffic into Boston can be a nightmare. Give yourself enough time if you're going in for something and have to be there at a specific time.

Room Tip: Unless you're looking for a connecting room, ask for a room without a connecting door. Any nois...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Guido R, Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you, Suzy, for taking the time to write a review about us on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Here at the Hampton Inn we strive to make every guests experience more than enjoyable. I will be sure to pass on your nice compliments to our staff. I hope we can welcome you back as a guest in the near future.

Webster, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I was just spending one night before I went to another hotel closer to Salem. Unfortunately the bathtub drain had an issue and the repairman didn't get to the hotel until almost 10PM. The code for WI-FI didn't work and the hair dryer blew a fuse. In the end I was promised a certificate for a complimentary stay at any hotel in their system.

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I will personally look into these issues. I am glad to see my staff worked to correct your problem with the Be Our Guest Certificate. I hop you will give us another chance in the near future. If you have any concerns please feel free to contact me directly.

Guido
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston-Peabody
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Boston Marriott Peabody
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
North Shore Hotel
North Shore Hotel
#2 of 9 in Danvers

Been to Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody? Share your experiences!