Pasta and Cafe Eleganza
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We have always enjoyed visiting this place... The menu offerings are creative and reasonably priced. On this particular evening, we opted for a couple of the "Specials" and they were excellent. The service is friendly and accommodating. Portions are decent the plates are thoughtfully presented. We love the bread here...baked fresh on the premises. We look forward to visiting again soon... There were so many intriguing menu items, it was difficult to decide... enjoy!

1  Thank ThinkingOutLoud
TJ P, Owner at Pasta and Cafe Eleganza, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to write this

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Have been to this restaurant many times over the years. Consistently good food. Apparently tonight in the kitchen there was a problem in the kitchen with a new chef and a fairly busy Saturday evening. Service was slow. The manager and servers made every effort to apologize for the wait and comped us a drink on the house as a thank you for our patience. I must say, when our meals were delivered, the food was worth the wait. Both my dining partner and I selected an entree from the evening's specials. I had a shrimp and scallop plate over a spinache fettucini. The dish was accented with red peppers and pea pods which made the dish pop with color. Very nice presentation. The sauce was flavorful and not overpowering. My companion ordered a chicken and ravioli dish which was delicious! In spite of the glitch in the kitchen, we were not disappointed and will be back.

1  Thank bettyjean1
TJ P, Owner at Pasta and Cafe Eleganza, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Thank you very much for the feedback and compliments. We are working on the loss of 2 key people due to physically relocating so I do appreciate your patience. In a few weeks we should be back to normal

Reviewed 6 June 2013

After having a half dozen meals here, I have to say it has become one of our destination choices. Oftentimes we might make dinner choices on a menu item... "how a bout a steak tonight?' but with Cafe Eleganza it sounds like " let's go there tonight ". Even though it is a bit of a drive the entrees and especially my favorite , Veal Roberto is fabulous. The Straccitella (sp). soup is better than I remember my grandmother's was which is saying quite a bit. All of the salmon variations , especially the cranberry salmon are favorites as well. All in all, a great place.

1  Thank jafbostn
TJ P, Owner at Pasta and Cafe Eleganza, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Thank you very much for making the effort to drive here and for the positive feedback

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We visited the first time with a groupon after driving by for 20 years !!! The olive oil & bread is a great way to start and my pasta was tender and cooked to perfection, as was the sauce. Hubby had fish and it was cooked as ordered and very nice.

1  Thank fufu58

Thank you for dining here and for the kind words

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I tried Cafe Eleganza after reading a review in the Boston Globe, I had never been there before so I asked the advice of my server as to what to try. She was very enthusiastic about recommending the scallop spinache, stating it was one of the best dishes on the menu. I took her advice and tried this dish, which was amazing, pan seared scallops in a sweet vermouth marsela butter sauce with prosciutto, diced tomatoes, garlic, baby spinach, served over linguine, topped off with goat cheese. If you go I highly recommend this dish!

TJ P, Owner at Pasta and Cafe Eleganza, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Thank you for the compliments on our scallop spinache dish