“Kingfisher Hotel Wall Heath- AVOID !”

The Kingfisher Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wall Heath
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Avoid at all costs. Its a disgrace, damp, peeling wallpaper, dreadful service. Staff cant speak English,

Room Tip: My wife and i have just had the experience of stopping in the Kingfisher so called Hotel Wall Heath...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank john-mono

Reviewed 1 July 2012

where to start with how bad this place is. My partner and I booked the 'honeymoon' room. Ok tell me why there were two campbeds in the room as well as two single beds bolted together? this was After we had been shown to (1) a normal room when we had paid for the honeymoon room (2) the first honeymoon room that was opposite the reception! I'm not into giving the staff a kick when listening to us! first things we noticed were damp patches everywhere, paint peeling off the walls and an absolutely filthy carpet. then the drip of the cold tap have you never heard of a plumber, as every review mentions this. complains to the staff,who can bearly speak english,resulted in buck passing to the other shift who were not helpful at all. My partner was in tears but we stuck it out for the night expecting a good breakfast. went through the warren of corridors to the rom and asked for a full english only to be told that it was old cereal or toast!!!! coffee was eventually served half cold and the 'tea' was that grey I could not believe it. I will be contacting the AA in an effort to get this hotel's three star rating removed also Wolverhampton council for hygine issues when serving breakfast also the pool is at an extra cost which was only apparent when we checked in.

Room Tip: find somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank david g
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We arrived - drove onto the car park; the first thing we saw was a member of security staff urinating in the doorway. The hotel is up some uninviting concrete steps with rubbish stored underdeath. We were pointed to our room by the "receptionist" who spoke little English. The smell hit you when you opened the door. We should have turned around and walked straight out but were weary after a day's travelling and thought we could put up with this for one night. How this is rated a three star I'll never know.
There was no tioilet paper in the bathroom.
No toothbrush mug in the bathroom, no soap and one towel.
The plug didn't fit and the water seeped out of the bath.
The bath was grimey and black thick gunge around the taps.
The bathroom door did not close and when it did you couldn't get it open again.
The bed was a 3/4 and not a double, it was lumpy and although the sheets were clean the blankets and underblankets were smelly.
The floor was sticky.
No remote control for the television.
There was a kettle but no tea or coffee or milk, there were two cups but one saucer.
The noise of the disco kept us awake until 2pm and then the other guests leaving the disco were rowdy and banging around until the early hours.
Breakfast was a joke - a dark dingy room, weak tea in a cup with no saucer - when I asked for one I was handed a plate.
Toast put in the toaster by the man befhind the counter wearing no hygene gloves
Apart from this the choice of "breakfast" was cereal!

Absolutely appalling - this place should be shut down.

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gloria G
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I stayed here for one night with my partner and our two year old toddler in June 2012. We paid £45 for a 'luxury room' which sleeps up to 4 people. As previous reviewers have said, the hotel is accessed via quite a few steps. At the top you are then welcomed by a plethora of warning signs regarding anti-social behaviour, littering and spitting. Check in was swift and easy. There's a £1 surcharge for paying by card which was mentioned on LateRooms where we'd booked anyway. We walked through the corridors and downstairs to our room - the whole hotel has a smell which is a mixture of cigarettes and sweaty-unwashedness. We entered our room to find there was a man in there sweeping broken glass out of the wardrobe. He also had a lighter in his hand which probably explained why the room stank of smoke and all of the walls were a nicotine yellow colour. After he'd finished sweeping broken glass off the carpet where our toddler would soon be playing, he left. The room itself was quite large but it looked as if it has last been decorated in around 1992. The carpet was filthy, the walls were dirty and marked. There was a kettle and one cup but only some sugar (no tea or coffee). You don't get any toiletries (not even soap). On the plus side, there were clean towels and the bed linen seemed fresh and clean. The TV worked but only had 5 channels! We had a bath which looked like it last had a proper clear when John Major was Prime Minister, similarly the tile grouting surrounding the shower was orange with soap scum - nothing a good scrub couldn't have removed. The cold tap in the basin dripped all night. Despite all of this, I had a good night's sleep in a comfy bed. We used our own travel cot for our toddler - they'd provided a camp bed but there was nothing to stop her falling out. The following morning I was toying with giving this place a two star review, that was until we went for breakfast... It's hard to put into words how awful this was, but I'll give it a go. You walked through a few corridors and rooms to reach the breakfast room. It's dimly lit with little natural light - a bit like eating in a closed pub with the lights off. The food choice consisted of: cornflakes, coco pops, brown and white toast. There was also orange juice, apple juice and milk. As there was nobody there when we arrived I assumed it was self-service so I began toasting some bread in the toaster (only 50% of the slots worked). A member of staff then arrived (he spoke very little English) and took over, so I then realised that it wasn't self-service, he was operated the toaster himself. This meant my toast kept getting manhandled every minute or so to check if it was brown enough. He didn't see a problem with that. The margarine consisted of a plate of lumps or margarine, complete with toast crumbs in. I dare say it wasn't the first time that week it had been presented to guests. Similarly, the jam was an open pot of Tesco Value jam complete with sticky residue around the rim and jar. The worst bit though, was the tea. We were offered tea or coffee and all 4 of us chose tea (we were with friends who were stayed in another room). The tea, when it finally arrived, was tepid. It was also the same shade of grey that the Navy paints their aircraft carriers. It did not taste anything like tea at all. I can only presume that these were Smart Price tea bags that had been used a dozen times before it was my turn. It was rancid and I didn't drink it. So, that was our stay complete. The man on reception didn't ask how our stay was, probably because he daren't. This hotel seems to be run with the least amount of care or attention to details. The owner's only interest is obviously generating cash without any consideration for the long term. This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in and I definitely wouldn't stay here again. As so many others have said - if you've booked to stay here, cancel it and stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: If you want a good room - stay in another hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank JoeBlackie
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We booked for two nights, but left after one - the only time I have ever done this anywhere n the world (and I've stayed in some pretty dodgy places!). Here is the complaint I wrote to the hotel manager. Needeless to say, I didn't get a response ...

For the price charged (£35 per night), we were not expecting perfect accommodation, but even at that price the room fell well short of the standards that might be expected:

In the bedroom:
* The floors clearly hadn't been hoovered properly for months
* The curtains were falling down
* The surfaces of the cabinets were filthy
* There was a stink of stale smoke
* The bed was falling apart - the two sections of the divan were not joined together! - with a mattress that was so thin it failed to hide the uneven surface beneath
* There was a pile of discarded socks, rubbish and cigarette butts outside the window

In the bathroom:
* The floor was sticky
* There were false nails and discarded toilet paper from previous guests on the floor
* The sink was leaking
* The cold tap was faulty and would not turn on or off properly
* The shower cubicle door would not close
* There was no toilet paper (although this was supplied when I asked)

Unfortunately, as we only arrived just before midnight, it was too late in the day to make alternative arrangements, otherwise we would not even have stayed one night.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 58Adrian
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The first room we were given the key to had a filthy dirty shower,cobwebs behind the door the wardrobe doors did not meet the mirror on the dressing table fell over when touched and the final straw was when the drawer fell off in my hand of the bedside cabinet.When we complained we got told "I must admit I did not check that room today".The second room wasn,t much better the bath had brown scum marks down it and the bedding was covered in stains.We had no choice but to put up with it.The rooms in my opinion lacked sufficent information on fire evacuation where to hell was the rear garden as there was no map showing you.T The breakfast again was a nightmare the little room had a food trolley with what had mouldy tasting cornflakes and we had to go back to the reception to ask about the full english breakfast that we had payed for.I had the feeling that had we not asked no one would have bothered to see if we were ok.The cooked breakfast must have been plated up and microwaved as it was brought to us too quickly to have been cooked fresh.We booked out then asked for a refund but was told he was unable to do this and gave us an e mail address to contact.What I want to know is how do these premises get passed by local authorities.I would recommend that thisplace gets condemned as it is unfit for its purpose and would recomend anyone who is booked to go there to cancel NOW!!! Companies who advertise for this hotel also need to check out these places before they have them on their websites.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terence B
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I know it was my fault but the pics on the hotel website looked good. It was only when I put the post code on my smart phone that Google maps gave me 2 bad reviews. Too late
There is no point in moaning, our other reviewers have said what is wrong. I have just included some pics.
I have stayed at other £25.00 hotels, they have been cleaned. I do know the difference between a good & bad hotel!!!
I have read the Trip Advisor small print, these pics are a TRUE.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Oh M

Been to The Kingfisher Hotel? Share your experiences!