“Dont even think of staying here”

and 1 more site!
The Kingfisher Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wall Heath
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The staff are rude and unhelpful, in fact when I tried to check in the receptionist was downstairs talking to some delivery guy.... I waited 20 minutes to check in.

The rooms are dirty and untidy and I am sure there has been a recent fire there. I stayed in the room for one hour and when I discovered the shower didn't work and the TV was broken I went straight back to reception and checked out. Thankfully the Travelodge near by had a spare room so I could stay there.

This so called hotel needs to be closed down, refurbished and taken over by proper managers

Room Tip: Always read the reviews first and trust what people say
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Georgeygirl2013
There are newer reviews for The Kingfisher Hotel

Reviewed 17 August 2013

booked to stay at this hotel for 1 night and booked the honeymoon suite as the other rooms looked not so good, travelled for 4 hours and arrived at night time ( I had spoken to the hotel to confirm our time of arrival ) to be told by the hotel that the suite I had booked wasn't available and there was only 1 room left which they described as a executive double, I would of described it as a cheap budget double, the bath was dirty with lime scale running down it and the hot tap wouldn't switch off so it ran all night long, the TV only had 1 channel and I had to tune it in manually , and to top it all off the guy on reception tried to charge me the same price that I was going to pay for the honeymoon suite, when I complained they tried to charge me more than they are advertising for a double on the website...never ever again would I stay in this hovel, anyone looking at reviews please take notice of the reviews on this hotel as I ignored them and thought I would see for myself and what a mistake that was ..

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hobbitnige
Reviewed 20 May 2013

My partner and I stayed for 1 night at the Kingfisher after a wedding we attended. We were recommended it for its location and price.
Its really cheap at £25 per night. I wasn’t expecting the Ritz…but what we got was what can only be described as awful.

I thought it abit odd that payment was taken before we’d even been shown our room. If I’d seen the room first, I wouldn’t have paid!

We were directed to a room on a corridor which led to the bar...the first things we noticed was the smell of damp and the noise coming from behind a door which lead to what sounded like the local night club! On opening the door to our room, an even stronger smell of damp hit us in the face like Tyson punch. It was freezing in there.

Having a quick look around before we went back out to our friend’s wedding reception, I noticed that there was no central heating, there was no duvet on the bed just an old fleece blanket (which looked like something your gran used to put over you when you slept at her house as a child and then donated to Oxfam!) and two very tired looking pillows. I can’t say I was altogether surprised when I checked the wardrobe for extra pillows and blankets that there were none! The bed was supposedly a double, but you could probably fit two 5 year olds in there at a push.

I went to reception to let them know that our room was like something from the Antarctic, but the guy couldn’t be less interested if he tried. He didn’t offer extra blankets, just a small plug in heater which I was expected to carry to the room myself until I just stood there in shock (the heater, once plugged in, had to be wiggled around to come on)

When it came to actually sleeping there, it was near enough impossible. Not only were my partner and I expected to sleep in a bed designed for children, the mattress was so wafer thin that we could feel the actual bed stand underneath. After what was probably the most uncomfortable and cold nights sleep I’ve had in a long time, we were both looking forward to having a hot shower the next morning…but to our utter disbelief, after running the tap for 10 minutes and urging the hot water to make appearance, it didn’t.

Never in my 27 years have I checked out of a hotel early, but I couldn’t wait to see the back of the place. 11am check out…no thanks! We left at 9:30 (without enquiring about breakfast!) We dropped the key to our room off at reception and it’s a good job we weren’t asked by the rude member of staff how our stay was…I’d have given him the list of reasons to close the place down!

I know I shouldn’t really complain because of how cheap this place was, but you at least expect the basics…a proper bed, heat and hot water! Of which the Kingfisher offers none!

Room Tip: Just stay somewhere else! Premier inn just up the road. Spend a little extra, get alot more!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Richballsl
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I have had three one night stays in this disastrous hotel that can only be compared with the 70's sitcom Faulty Towers. The shower temperature was uncontrollable, the TV had 1 channel ITV with a snowy picture, our previous room the TV failed to work, and the reception staff is a joke. Why have I stayed there three times? the Travelodge up the road was fully booked, and thankfully I just needed a room for one night to sleep and use the shower. With the attitude of the staff I'm amazed they still have a business.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Bigmac1946
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Stayed here for a few nights. Yes, it's only £20 a night, but I would still expect basic cleanliness. The only thing that was clean were the sheets and the towels. Head board was so dirty I had to put a clean sheet over it. Carpets stained and hadnt been hoovered for a long time. Bath disgusting. Toilet had someone elses vomit down the front of it. It was so bad I had to hunt round in the morning for the cleaners and ask for extra sheets so that I could put extra sheets over matress and 2 sheets between myself and blankets (also filthy) and one on top of the bed. The cleaners were 2 young guys, who could hardly speal English, so I found it difficult to explain to them..
It is such a shame that this Hotel has come to this. I would imagine in its heyday (when the Kingfisher was heaving and popular) it was lovely and could be lovely again, if only the cleanliness and health and safety issues were sorted out. The owners of this hotel could make a killing with this place, as it's in a nice area, has large rooms and some rooms have patio windows opening onto a nice garden area. But instead, it is allowed to be nothing more than a dirty knocking shop and drunkards pit stop..

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We chose this place as the photos made it look pleasant and good value for money, in reality it was neither!
It was dirty and smelly, all the furniture was broken! The shower door was broken and half way through having a shower it got so hot it scolded me! the electric boxes were broken and not even attached properly. The bed was awful I've never had such a bad nights sleep in all my life! the tv had 3 channels which weren't tuned in properly so was unwatchable. There was something splashed up the walls and on the ceiling. Not at all pleasant!
We had booked in for 2 nights for 2 people and were given 1 towel! in the bathroom was half a toilet roll.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sashahunt
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I was absolutely horrified when we checked in to this hotel! The man on reception was on the phone the whole time he was dealing with us. There was writing and dirty marks all over the walls in bedroom, a used condom stuck to the window sill which had been there for quite some time! The headboard wasn't fixed to the wall properly and fell down as soon as it was lent against, the mattress had huge brown stains, although the sheets seemed clean, the blanket (yes blanket, they don't do duvets!) stunk of stale dirty odours! The toilet lid was missing, there was mould all around the shower tray and in the grouting. The light pull was a filthy bit of tied up string, and the tv was like watching a snow storm! Really, just don't do it! Stay at home! It should be condemned!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Summeranddaisysmummy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wall Heath
Travelodge Birmingham Kingswinford
Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley
Himley House Good Night Inn Hotel

Been to The Kingfisher Hotel? Share your experiences!