“PLEASE GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!”

and 1 more site!
The Kingfisher Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wall Heath
“PLEASE GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I'm currently in Room 33 (which it seems is in the same state as an earlier review) in that it smells violently of smoke and if can smell damp too, which is no doubt from the long patch of it down the wall by the bed!!! The carpet is vile, dirty & gross as is the bathroom. If my girls weren't so tired we'd be packing up & moving, however we'll save that for the morning. I've paid for 3 nights at £25/night and I know that's cheap, but I wouldn't tolerate damp and cigarette smoke in my own house, let alone pay £25 for the privilege(?) anywhere else. M

Disgusting, dirty, smelly. I've emailed the hotel from my room seeing as I'm struggling to sleep & have the next 7 hours to kill but no reply, as yet. They'll be getting it both barrels in the morning, that's a certainty.

The place wants shutting down. It's horrid.

Reception smells musty and the carpet there is threadbare - should've seen the signs weren't great as soon as we got here to be honest :-(

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank MACrozier78

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Surrey
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The reason I booked this hotel was because I had a car for a couple of days and wanted to visit a couple of places to the west and south of the West Midlands area. Even without a sat nav or even a map the hotel was super easy to find located on the main road between Wolverhampton and Worcester via Kidderminster. The car park outside is huge and free of charge as is the Wi Fi.
The comments about the condition of the rooms in other reviews are not untrue, the place could do with a refurbishment, but then again you don't find a room this size for the price you pay here.
I particularly enjoyed having my morning coffee outside the patio door in the small garden. I would have preferred that the TV set worked properly and that flushing the toilet was less noisy however.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Maltrueno
Accrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Where do I start? If you don't get to the end of my review all you need to know is do not stay at this hotel, even if there is no other hotel available...... sleep in your car!

Ok, we paid £25 for the room. I wasn't expecting the Hilton but I was expecting a clean, comfortable room in a safe hotel. I have stayed in many budget hotels all over the world but never have a stayed in such a disgusting hotel.

We stayed in room 33 which as all hotels should be was a non smoking room. The room stunk of cigarettes. Not just stale smoke, fresh too. We had a very tired 2 year old with us and all her things smelt of smoke. I had to wash all our things when we got home and spray everything I couldn't wash.

The bed just looked like an old battered camp bed, the 30 year old TV was all fuzzy and the remote didn't have batteries in. The kettle had stale water in, the bathroom was filthy. Toilet needed a good scrub and I wasn't even stepping in the bath never mind bathing my 2 year old in it. The windows needed a good clean and the window handles where broken. The carpet needed throwing and wallpaper was hanging of the wall.

You could hear everything the other people where doing in the adjoining rooms and every time someone used the toilet or taps the pipes creek and bang. A club was adjoining the hotel and all you could hear was thud, thud, thud.

We didn't complain because I honestly didn't feel safe in this hotel with the staff that were on duty. I very much doubt that any of the rooms where any different anyway. Honestly if our daughter wasn't so knackered and asleep within minutes of being in the room (she was ok, she had her own travel cot, although how she slept through all the noise I'll never know!) we would have been out of there. We would have gone to another hotel or just carried on driving through the night to get home!

Me and my husband just tried to get asleep as fast as we could so it would soon be morning and we could get out of there. Luckily our daughter wakes at 6.45 so we where on the road by 7 and headed for the nearest services for breakfast, no way was I eating in this hell hole.

I have emailed the hotel and so far I have had no response. I have since written to the relevant authorities as this hotel should not be open for business.

Room Tip: No good rooms - your car would be a better choice
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank StanleyChick

Travellers are raving about these Wall Heath hotels

Warwickshire
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed in this place one night just somewhere to sleep cheap and easy when arriving the desk was dirty and the man very rude sitting with headphones in. We was allocated in room 19 when entering the ceiling was full of cobwebs and spiders, the floor filthy not been hoovered for a very long time! The bathroom tap fall of when trying to fill the kettle, bath was yellow with brown stains all corners of bath were mouldy with a very old dated shower. The bed sheet and towels couldn't moan about they were very clean but had to ask for more several time. The head board was hanging off the wall and to top it off bird poo all over the window with a horrible view and mouldy curtains. I would advise not to stay here at all as I would never return again!

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Chelchar
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

well the Hotel wasn't that good which i was expecting. but according to price just £25.00 a night for double room. Hotel just need some refurbishment. Staff was very kind & Helpful. I ask for Glass for some drink and extra pillow for my partner. they gave me very kindly.
well its good for cheap price.

1 Thank Jordon M
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

well its good for cheap price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jordon M
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I will start by my first impressions..
The "Reception" area resembles a roadside cafe or an MOT reception with a very old desk, a computer and a telephone. There is nothing to advertise the hotel or what it offers for its guests.
The reception area is very dated, unclean, unwelcoming and the staff could well be illegal immigrants.
The room, no19 just across the foyer. A corner room which was twin beds, a time warp of the 1990s
Dirty carpet, not even hoovered. Stained and very old. The curtains were there they drew ok but the net behind had dead insects on and the view out of the window revealed a roll of dirty carpet and an abandoned car. Not to mention weeds, rubbish and other grotty hotel rooms.
The bathroom.. The tap broke when I turned it on, there was a pubic hair in the sink but there were 4 toilet rolls.. (Maybe they are more focused towards the "girls of the night" who frequent the hotel)
The tv was ancient, there was a kettle but we didn't use it. The room for us was just a basic sleep night for a girls night out. Don't expect anything more than this. We paid £30 so we didn't expect the Ritz..
I can't even say it was dated but clean because it wasn't. The bed sheets were clean though and that was the main thing for me. I used the shower the following day and the towels were clean too.

When we returned to the hotel from our night out we did have a female and a male trying to "get a room" literally at 3am. Fortunately they were fully booked (how I have no idea) and were turned away. Otherwise I think we could of been subjected to some serious squealing and grunting for a few hours.

This hotel is cheap, uncheerful and dirty. I wouldn't be staying here again unless the world was flooded with urine and it were on top of a mountain.

Room Tip: Save your money and get a travel lodge or similar.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
#1 of 21 in Wolverhampton
The Mount Hotel
The Mount Hotel
#3 of 21 in Wolverhampton

Been to The Kingfisher Hotel? Share your experiences!