Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh / McCandless, PA
Doubletree.com
US$106
US$93
ComfortInn
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsla fitnessnorth hillsfire pitross park mallgreat hotelkitchen areaextended staybreakfast barfull size fridgecomplimentary breakfasthome away from homeclose to downtownbreakfast sandwichgreat amenitiesworkout roomcomfortable stayrooms are spacious
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Picked this hotel because of the HHonor program but was treated the same as a non-HHonor member. No special treatment like I have received at other HHonor hotels. No welcome, no happy hour, no goody bag, no bottled water, no newspaper, no bill under the door. The only time HHonors was brought up during check-in was when I verified I would get my points. Hotel was clean and staff was friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Kyle S, Assistant General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh / McCandless, PA, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

I would like to thank you for providing us with feedback from your most recent stay. I see from your comments that we fell short especially in providing your HHonors benefits; For this I sincerely apologize. I will make sure my staff gets the attention and training needed to make sure each of our guests get the special attention they deserve. Thank you once again for your feedback and please know we will use your comments to better our establishment.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Our experience was very positive. We particularly enjoyed being able to enjoy being out doors on the comfortable, furnished patio since the weather was so nice. Hotel stays often confine you to your room during your "off" times.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

John,

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your most recent stay. We are very happy to hear that you were able to have an Excellent stay with us. Please know that we value your kind words and look forward to serving you once again in the very near future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The facilites were very nice and I was excited to find out that the hotel was pet frinedly. When I called about their pet policy I was told that I just had to let them know when I checked in and that was it. When we did check in I was then told that there was a $75+tax fee for the dog, even though it was just for one night. I was not told about this when I called and I thought that was an outrageous amount of money for a dog for one night. I didn't have time to find somewhere else to stay so I had to pay the fee. The facilities were very nice, and the room was big and clean. I would stay here again if not for the dumb policy, and their failure to inform me or do anything about it when I complained.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nick M

Nick,

I would like to start by thanking you for choosing our Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh location. We are grateful for your business and appreciate your feedback. I believe my General Manager has reached out to you and we were able to take care of the pet fee for the miss understanding. Thank you once again and please know we value your comments!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The thing I like most about Home2 is that they have a kitchen! Not just a microwave and a mini fridge, but a real kitchen with dishes, a dish washer and such. You have to request a stove if you want a cooking surface but they will bring it to your room at no charge. The rooms are nice, clean and comfortable. This location is in a newly developed area with shopping nearby. I was traveling for work, but I don't like to eat out, so I went to Whole Foods, got some groceries, and prepared my meals all week. Also, the gym is pretty decent. They make it easy to travel and still keep my healthy routines.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Randi C
Kyle S, Assistant General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh / McCandless, PA, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Our team is ecstatic to hear that you found the amenities within your suite Excellent! We love to hear that the Kitchen was up to par with your standards. As you mentioned we offer a fully equipped kitchen just for guests that like to cook. Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback from your most recent stay. We hope to get the chance to have you back in the very near future!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is the second time that we've stayed at the Home2 Suites. It's convenient to everything that we needed in North Pittsburgh and the staff was friendly and helpful. While we were in town for the death of a family member, the Home2 Suites staff made things a lot better for us.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cluegun

Thank You for staying with us yet again. We appreciate the loyalty and commitment to our Home2 Suites by Hilton Hotel. I will pass on your review to the entire team to share your experiences with them. Thank you once again and please know we appreciate and value your Trip Advisor review.