“Very slow service and only one serving of paella”

Mission Bar and Tapas
Ranked #6 of 176 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had dinner for four at 6:00 on a Thursday before theater at 8:00 and were nearly late for the theater. The service was very slow. Both couples ordered paella and we were told that there was only one serving left. This is a Spanish restaurant and there was only one servicing of paella left at 6:00? So, the food and wine that we did have was good. But, we suggest that you think twice about dining here before theater.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

had theater tickets in pittsfield and wanted to grab a bite..happened on this bar and grill...waited 10 minutes to be served, ordered salads (we both had big lunches earlier in the day) , my wife ordered a caesar and i a mixed...took 30 minutes to get a salad ..hurriedly ate them , both having no taste and very little salad dressing. I am sure this place has some good "stuff" but not based on our experience, would we return , if we are to be in pittsfield again...seth and barbara koch

1  Thank animaleyedoc
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The wine was great. The waitstaff was lovely, the bathroom was sparkling, the ambience was just right.

The fare was OK - I expected a little more from the flavors.

As a pre-theater meal, it served. It was a nice place to be. I suspect this is the kind of place that makes a real knockout burger, and I'll probably go back to try that.

If you want exceptional tapas, visit "Rouge" in West Stockbridge instead.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Got here at 715 on a Monday night so I can't comment on atmosphere. Band was setting up. Ordered the Valencia Paella. It was adequate. Over priced. Beer selection was adequate. Over priced.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My girlfriends plan a night out every other month and mission is the place to be! The atmosphere is warm and cozy staff is friendly knowledgeable and attentive to your needs! The food is excellent I have the warm host cheese salad to start off my meal! I would highly recommend this place!!