“Good home cooked latin cuisine”
Review of La Fogata

La Fogata
Ranked #9 of 171 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Connecticut
“Good home cooked latin cuisine”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We ordered more food than we needed, but it was all excellent. We were in Pittsfield and were tired of american food, (easy to get tired of) and wanted some home cooked food. Both dishes were excellent as well as the appetizers. My only complaint was the oil smell in the restaurant, the smell of cooking oil and fried food was very strong. The staff were very attentive and we enjoyed the very authentic Colombian cuisine. I would recommend this place to others and next time we are in the area we will surely return.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank brasileiro1287

Massachusetts
“An Excellent Small Independent Establishment”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We've eaten at La Fogata a few times since its opening and have never been disappointed. It did seem to take a while to catch on and that's probably due to the unique Colombian cuisine sold. The non-adventurous diner is probably more likely to spend as much at one of those chain places that has a more standard American menu. They really should give this place a try.

The owner is usually at the open kitchen cooking up something but he always will take the time to look up and greet you as you come in. The waitstaff are very friendly and more than willing to answer any questions about the items on the menu.

As for the menu, they have a couple of meals which I think are among the better tasting steak dinners in the area. The guacamole is the best we've had, and that's including Tex-Mex places in the San Antonio area. We've also been pleased with the chicken and pork dinners that we've tried. In any case, plenty of tasty food at a most reasonable cost.

• Visited November 2013
“La fogata=comfort food done right”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I recently revisited la fogata. I had gone when they first opened ....it wasn't bad, but it wasn't amazing either. My recent visit was great. Wonderful service, huge portions, great flavors, cheap prices. We had drinks two appetizers and two entrees for fourty dollars. We left stuffed, with doggie bags for another meal. Wonderful place, if u haven't been I would definitely suggest this place.

Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Great Staff, Interesting Menu”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We went to this restaurant in a large group and the service was excellent. I am a vegetarian, so this was clearly not a good choice for me. The guacamole was delicious though. And for the meat eaters, the steak was by far the best choice.

Alaska
“Worth the stop!”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Popped in because of #1 rating. The waiter was fantastic and I had tostones as an appetizer & steak with chimmichuri for entree. Wow... What a meal. If I could, I'd come back regularly & try all the menu. Be brave & think outside the box and let the waiter pick your meal!