“We won't be back.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Television
A TripAdvisor Member
“We won't be back.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We ordered our food to go. Got back to our place and our liquidy sides ran onto our fries causing them to be soggy, we are literally a block away. This isn't real bbq, I'm sorry. We were very disappointed, I could have baked chicken in the oven and just squirted bbq sauce on it and came out better. It has no smoke taste at all. The slaw tasted like licorice. The beans were pretty good I guess. If u like sweets the corn bread is cake. Just feel ripped off. Wishing I would have cooked now.....my hubby is eating cereal bc he couldn't eat his meal. We are from the south maybe it's a southern thing idk.

Sagamore Beach, Massachusetts
“Glad we picked it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stopped in for lunch . We were too early so the ribs were still in the smoker . Wife ordered the fried chicken (2 pieces your choice ) and sweet potato fries . Chicken was very good and the fries were excellent . I ordered the jambalaya and hush puppies . Hush puppies a little spicy but very very good . Jambalaya I really did enjoy . We took leftovers back to the B & B for later . I would eat here again .

• Visited April 2014
Pittsfield
“Make sure to have your second choice ready!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We visited twice in one week. The food is good no question. BBQ better than we had in Texas. The service on the other hand was useless. We ordered a meal for two. When it arrived we had no plates and when asked about them we were told they ran out of plates...really. We had already been told they had on a Saturday night run out of brisket (later we found out they ran out of chocolate mousse). Come on folks how do you run out of plates, beef and chocolate mousse on a Saturday night by the way the place was not "packed". So your best bet is to do take out.
Sidebar-We also asked about the band and we were told they would start at 8 and it was a Jazz band. They started at 7 and played classic rock. I guess we should have known at that point

Visited February 2014
JPOWELL37, Owner at MadJacks BBQ, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Hi there wanted to thank you for the feedback. We're sorry you had a bad experience last weekend. Unfortunately, this past Saturday night when you visited we had our dishwasher call out, which resulted in a large backlog of dishes, I only wish your server had informed you of that so that it didn't look like we had "run" out of dishes, that is on me to make sure communication with our customers is better. As for the Mousse and the Brisket, because we do make everything in house from scratch, we occasionally run out of our more popular items, especially since we do a large takeout business it's not unlikely for us to run out of certain things on a busy night. Unfortunately that is a major complaint we get, but we're not willing to compromise quality with quantity, we're sorry the two things you wanted were not available. I hope you give us another try..in the meantime I will be working to improve "communication" skills with our waitstaff.

Thanks again for the feedback!
Jabari Powell
Owner, MadJacks BBQ
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“To big too fast or thoughts of Fenn Street.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

There is a song that contains the phrase.'' Love grows best in small spaces.'' I remember eating at Mad Jack's BBQ in a small corner space. The food was excellent and you could talk to the owner. You felt like you stopped by a friends home for a great meal and conversation. Tonight we ate at Mad Jack s on North Street. The meat was dry, the greens had four big bones in the bowl that came to the table. Our beverages were not refilled. We had sub par food and service. We waited one hour from when we sat down until our food was delivered to our table stone cold. We told our distracted unfriendly waitress that we were unhappy with our meal and asked to see a manager no one bothered to come to our table to find out why we were unhappy or even respond to our complaints.

• Visited October 2013
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Best BBQ in the Berkshires”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

I found this to be some of the best barbecue I've had. The ribs were meaty and tender and flavorful. The staff were very friendly and courteous. All-in-all a great experience that I highly recommend.

• Visited August 2013