“GREAT food and atmosphere”
Review of MadJacks BBQ - CLOSED

MadJacks BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I went to MadJack's today for lunch. When we walked in we were greeted and told we could sit anywhere. We chose a comfortable booth and admired the beautiful lights on the ceiling and the pleasant atmosphere. The waitress was very nice and welcomed us to our first visit to the restaurant. I ordered the pulled pork which came with two sides and my friend had the bbq chicken chopped salad. She was able to finish her salad but I took home a good deal of delicious pulled pork because the portion was very big. All the food was excellent especially the cornbread. The cornbread was warm, moist, and I will be going back just for that!
I definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a great meal at a really good price. Our meals were extremely affordable with each meal being only $10.
Awesome place!!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We went to Madjacks as a choice of a friend, I was apprehensive because I am not a BBQ fan.
What a great meal, the menu had a few things that I liked so I went ahead and ordered a Beef Brisket plate sliced thin. It was melt in your mouth delicious. My wife had Beef Etouffee , the waiter asked if she wanted it spicy or anything in between. She got it spicy. When our meals arrived, the dinners were hot and smelled great. My Brisket was plated good and I got baked beans and macs and cheese as my sides. The Etoufffe did not come with sides but a order of sweet potato fries was ordered. For drinks I got a lemonade with whiskey which was a little too sweet for me. I would recommend this restaurant again, and will try it again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We ordered our food to go. Got back to our place and our liquidy sides ran onto our fries causing them to be soggy, we are literally a block away. This isn't real bbq, I'm sorry. We were very disappointed, I could have baked chicken in the oven and just squirted bbq sauce on it and came out better. It has no smoke taste at all. The slaw tasted like licorice. The beans were pretty good I guess. If u like sweets the corn bread is cake. Just feel ripped off. Wishing I would have cooked now.....my hubby is eating cereal bc he couldn't eat his meal. We are from the south maybe it's a southern thing idk.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stopped in for lunch . We were too early so the ribs were still in the smoker . Wife ordered the fried chicken (2 pieces your choice ) and sweet potato fries . Chicken was very good and the fries were excellent . I ordered the jambalaya and hush puppies . Hush puppies a little spicy but very very good . Jambalaya I really did enjoy . We took leftovers back to the B & B for later . I would eat here again .

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We visited twice in one week. The food is good no question. BBQ better than we had in Texas. The service on the other hand was useless. We ordered a meal for two. When it arrived we had no plates and when asked about them we were told they ran out of plates...really. We had already been told they had on a Saturday night run out of brisket (later we found out they ran out of chocolate mousse). Come on folks how do you run out of plates, beef and chocolate mousse on a Saturday night by the way the place was not "packed". So your best bet is to do take out.
Sidebar-We also asked about the band and we were told they would start at 8 and it was a Jazz band. They started at 7 and played classic rock. I guess we should have known at that point

JPOWELL37, Owner at MadJacks BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Hi there wanted to thank you for the feedback. We're sorry you had a bad experience last weekend. Unfortunately, this past Saturday night when you visited we had our dishwasher call out, which resulted in a large backlog of dishes, I only wish your server had informed you of that so that it didn't look like we had "run" out of dishes, that is on me to make sure communication with our customers is better. As for the Mousse and the Brisket, because we do make everything in house from scratch, we occasionally run out of our more popular items, especially since we do a large takeout business it's not unlikely for us to run out of certain things on a busy night. Unfortunately that is a major complaint we get, but we're not willing to compromise quality with quantity, we're sorry the two things you wanted were not available. I hope you give us another try..in the meantime I will be working to improve "communication" skills with our waitstaff.

Thanks again for the feedback!
Jabari Powell