Best Western Plus Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites
Berkshire Inn(Pittsfield)
Lenox Inn(Lenox)
Yankee Inn(Lenox)
View Hotel
All reviewsbreakfast includedhot itemsthe breakfast areahour coffeemake your own wafflesclean roomstwo room suiteshaker villagehot breakfastwaffle makerfridge and microwavebagelsnice breakfastnothing fancyconvenient locationking bedthird floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I guess it served its purpose, but the wallpaper was peeling off and the bathroom is so dark and dismal and the toilet wasn't working in our room when we arrived. For $99 I wouldn't complain, but it was almost $200 a night which was really frustrating.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank CTnwj
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Pittsfield doesn't have a great selection of hotels, and due to our family situation, we try to find a suite. So I was tickled to find a relatively new Best Western, and booked a "suite". I got a large hotel room with a pull-out sofa -- I guess it's what Best Western considers a suite, as I've found this elsewhere. I call it just a bigger room.

The pullout bed had NO bedding on it -- and none in the closet with which to make up the bed. Fortunately, my son was exhausted, and just fell asleep without worrying about it.

My reservation was for three adults. The room had enough towels for us all to shower, thankfully, but TWO coffee packets and ONE tea bag -- remember, the reservation was for three adults.

I tried to put some water bottles in the freezer to keep the cooler cold and provide drinking water on the trip home. The freezer was so caked in ice I couldn't even get its door to open properly -- and then it didn't even freeze a 20-oz water bottle overnight.

It's another hotel that unplugs every flipping lamp and appliance between occupants, so you have to go stooping and bending to plug in things you need to use. I can't fault Best Western alone for this - seems almost everyone does. I'd support the practice, for savings, if the outlets were at least convenient.

There is no local grocery or variety store from which to buy anything. The front desk clerk told us about a variety store a quarter mile away, but like many other businesses in Pittsfield, it was shuttered. Fortunately, the hotel is only about two miles from Angelina's Sub Shop -- which makes the best sub sandwiches and grinders on the east coast.

Breakfast was okay. Not very well laid out, but offering both hot and cold items. It's no Marriott or Hampton Inn.

When I checked out, I mentioned to the front desk that I was disappointed in the coffee service, bedding, and freezer. I stated in hyperbole it seemed it hadn't been defrosted in a year, and the only response I got was that all the refrigerators were new -- not even a note of regret.

I suppose if I were by myself and wanted a quiet place to stay, this would be a great option. I doubt my family will stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KBA1625
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We recently stayed here during our annual trip to the Berkshires. We got to the hotel late and the kids were tired. We tried to make up the sleeper sofa with the sheets provided but they were sheets to a single bed and didn't fit. They said they would be right up with the correct sheets but I had to go down for them. A second trip was for towels. We were given 2 towels for 4 people. The second night we were there the light over the vanity had to be replaced and we had to call for toilet paper. There was a large spider in a web behind the bathroom door.

On a positive note the breakfast was delicious. Pancake machine, good coffee, fresh fruit, yogurt and cereal. Excellent! No pool was a bummer.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank soho204
Reviewed 24 July 2012 via mobile

Very impressed with this hotel. We have been on a 10 day road trip through New England and this is the nicest hotel we stayed at. I read that it was recently remodeled and you can tell. The rooms are really clean and new looking and gorgeous. We were sad we only got to spend one night here. The breakfast was big and included hot items and our boys always love breakfasts that are included at hotels. Would definitely recommend to anyone and would love to stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Ritawiebner
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Very new or remodeled with large rooms including micro & frig for much less than other accomodations in season make this a real steal!

• Stayed: July 2012