“Great Choice!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Crowley, TX
“Great Choice!”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We recently stayed one night at this property and it is wonderful. We had made last minute changes during our trip and searched for available hotels in southern Vermont (to see fall foliage). Their prices were a lot more than what I cared to pay, so I began looking a few miles away in Massachusetts. I am a member of several different chains and did not have quite enough points available for this property, but stayed anyway. Am glad that we did. The staff is great, really cares about their guests and making them comfortable (and it shows). They strive to be the best... which is refreshing. While it was still more than what I like to pay, I don't regret the choice to stay here. We had a king non-smoking room with a microwave/frig. The room was very clean, very comfortable, and very quiet. They offer late check-outs and were willing to let us check in early. Couldn't ask for more. Definitely recommend and we would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
m1desai, General Manager at Best Western Plus Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
I would like to personally like to thank you for your positive review of our hotel and more importantly, our team members. Our entire staff is dedicated to ensure an excellent stay for all our guests and I am thrilled to hear our team members took great care of you. We truly take great pride in our customers and the service we can provide to you. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We always look to stay at a Best Western, for both personal and business travel, if there's one convenient to our destination. This Best Western proved to be one of the best that we've stayed at....comfortable, immaculate, centrally located, with a very friendly and accommodating staff.

We are returning to Best Western Berkshires again this weekend and look forward to another great stay. Whenever we're in the Berkshires, which may become a regular monthly event, we will definitely be staying at this great hotel, knowing that we'll never have to worry about our accommodations.

Room Tip: I'll take pictures and have more details to offer about our return visit this weekend.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
m1desai, General Manager at Best Western Plus Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Dear Queen_Mother54, We are honored that you had chosen us as your "home away from home" during your trip to the Berkshires. We appreciate your honest feedback, and are thankful for the opportunity to have served you and your family. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Thank you so much again!
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2012 via mobile

We were really impressed with the Best Western in Pittsfield.

The hotel appears to be fairly new. The room was large and very clean.

The location was quiet and 3 miles from downtown. It was a easy drive back into town to get something to eat in the evening. The front desk were very helpful with directions and advice on where to park.

100% recommended hotel.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank FLYTHEW0RLD
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Among many Best Westerns that I visited, this is above average for sure.
Good service. Stayed with the King suite, clean rooms and the bedding is comfortable.
Free breakfast (with nice sitting area). Wifi speed is reasonable.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time to write a wonderful review on Trip Advisor about your stay with us.
It is delightful to hear that our team, and the amenities we offer, were able to make you and your family feel comfortable and at ease. Here at Best Western, our goal to make our guests feel home away from home and we are glad we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the Berkshires soon.
Keene, New Hampshire
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We usually don't write reviews for places but after staying at the best western in Pittsfield we were truly impressed. The entire staff was very friendly and went out of there way to help us, we figured like most hotels they didn't have wine glasses but I dialed "0" to the front desk to ask, and the man at the desk called someone I believe the manager to request 2 wine glasses for us. Within 5 minutes the front desk brought us up 2 wine glasses and a bucket of ice! We were so Impressed we played closer attention to the hotel and found everything to be perfect for us. If you plan to stay here try and get the third floor fireplace suite, very large room and a nice sitting area to relax!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James P
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I guess it served its purpose, but the wallpaper was peeling off and the bathroom is so dark and dismal and the toilet wasn't working in our room when we arrived. For $99 I wouldn't complain, but it was almost $200 a night which was really frustrating.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank CTnwj
DC
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Pittsfield doesn't have a great selection of hotels, and due to our family situation, we try to find a suite. So I was tickled to find a relatively new Best Western, and booked a "suite". I got a large hotel room with a pull-out sofa -- I guess it's what Best Western considers a suite, as I've found this elsewhere. I call it just a bigger room.

The pullout bed had NO bedding on it -- and none in the closet with which to make up the bed. Fortunately, my son was exhausted, and just fell asleep without worrying about it.

My reservation was for three adults. The room had enough towels for us all to shower, thankfully, but TWO coffee packets and ONE tea bag -- remember, the reservation was for three adults.

I tried to put some water bottles in the freezer to keep the cooler cold and provide drinking water on the trip home. The freezer was so caked in ice I couldn't even get its door to open properly -- and then it didn't even freeze a 20-oz water bottle overnight.

It's another hotel that unplugs every flipping lamp and appliance between occupants, so you have to go stooping and bending to plug in things you need to use. I can't fault Best Western alone for this - seems almost everyone does. I'd support the practice, for savings, if the outlets were at least convenient.

There is no local grocery or variety store from which to buy anything. The front desk clerk told us about a variety store a quarter mile away, but like many other businesses in Pittsfield, it was shuttered. Fortunately, the hotel is only about two miles from Angelina's Sub Shop -- which makes the best sub sandwiches and grinders on the east coast.

Breakfast was okay. Not very well laid out, but offering both hot and cold items. It's no Marriott or Hampton Inn.

When I checked out, I mentioned to the front desk that I was disappointed in the coffee service, bedding, and freezer. I stated in hyperbole it seemed it hadn't been defrosted in a year, and the only response I got was that all the refrigerators were new -- not even a note of regret.

I suppose if I were by myself and wanted a quiet place to stay, this would be a great option. I doubt my family will stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KBA1625
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsfield
Hilton Garden Inn Lenox Pittsfield
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Yankee Inn
Yankee Inn
#6 of 16 in Lenox

Been to Best Western Plus Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!