The room (303) was okay -- can't really say more than that. The beds were typical road-side chain hard, but I wasn't expecting much better than that. The sink had no stopper, so it would have been easy to lose something down the drain. There was a large area by the window with no furniture, which looked odd. This area was big enough for two easy chairs and a small table, but nothing. Only the hard beds to sit on. There appeared to be some sort of a floor mounted door stop in the bathroom, but it was broken off. The walls are pretty thin. Luckily our neighbor turned off the TV early.
The breakfast? Like I said, eat somewhere else. The only places I've seen use such cheap plastic flatware are the hole-in-the-wall Chinese restaurants in cheap, run-down strip shopping centers. I couldn't cut the sausage with the knife or even stick the fork into the sausage because the implements would have broken. Plastic flatware is to be expected, but this stuff should never have been produced. There was no spray for the waffle maker, so my wife had to scrape her waffle off. She ended up with a plate of dust and scrapings. Same thing happened to two more people before the attendant noticed and brought out some no-stick spray. The potatoes were undercooked and the bacon was so thin I think I could have read the newspaper through it. The sausage was probably heated in a microwave, but I think it had been deep fried in a factory kitchen somewhere in a previous life. There was no water to drink or at least I couldn't locate it. The breakfast area is tiny and the tables are so close together, you almost have to wait for someone to leave so you can get up if you are at an inside table.
I had been quoted a rate of $93 a night when I made the reservation, but it ended up being $98. Yes, I was asked to initial the rate on check-in, but I admit to being tired and didn't really notice the change in rate. I do warn others to watch for this, though. They certainly changed the rate on me.
Since there aren't many other options in town, this is an okay choice, maybe the best of all the options. But, please find somewhere else for breakfast and just write off the fact that you are paying for it in the room rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites proudly offers 59 spaciously appointed guest rooms each complete with microwave, refrigerator, 37-inch LCD television with HBO® and high-speed Internet access. Guests will wake each morning to a delicious complimentary hot breakfast. This Berkshire hotel's additional amenities include an exercise facility, whirlpool suites and fireplace suites. Business travelers will appreciate the quality meeting facilities as well as our business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Berkshire Hills Hotel Pittsfield
- Ramada Limited Hotel Pittsfield
- Ramada Pittsfield
- Pittsfield Ramada