“Very Comfortable ~ Friendly Staff”

Best Western Plus Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Pittsfield
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed in the Family Suite ~ very nice, enough room for 5. Beds very comfortable,and loved the pillows. Breakfast very accomodating,and good and hot. Front desk staff lovely,and the location wonderful, close to all attractions is the area.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The room (303) was okay -- can't really say more than that. The beds were typical road-side chain hard, but I wasn't expecting much better than that. The sink had no stopper, so it would have been easy to lose something down the drain. There was a large area by the window with no furniture, which looked odd. This area was big enough for two easy chairs and a small table, but nothing. Only the hard beds to sit on. There appeared to be some sort of a floor mounted door stop in the bathroom, but it was broken off. The walls are pretty thin. Luckily our neighbor turned off the TV early.

The breakfast? Like I said, eat somewhere else. The only places I've seen use such cheap plastic flatware are the hole-in-the-wall Chinese restaurants in cheap, run-down strip shopping centers. I couldn't cut the sausage with the knife or even stick the fork into the sausage because the implements would have broken. Plastic flatware is to be expected, but this stuff should never have been produced. There was no spray for the waffle maker, so my wife had to scrape her waffle off. She ended up with a plate of dust and scrapings. Same thing happened to two more people before the attendant noticed and brought out some no-stick spray. The potatoes were undercooked and the bacon was so thin I think I could have read the newspaper through it. The sausage was probably heated in a microwave, but I think it had been deep fried in a factory kitchen somewhere in a previous life. There was no water to drink or at least I couldn't locate it. The breakfast area is tiny and the tables are so close together, you almost have to wait for someone to leave so you can get up if you are at an inside table.

I had been quoted a rate of $93 a night when I made the reservation, but it ended up being $98. Yes, I was asked to initial the rate on check-in, but I admit to being tired and didn't really notice the change in rate. I do warn others to watch for this, though. They certainly changed the rate on me.

Since there aren't many other options in town, this is an okay choice, maybe the best of all the options. But, please find somewhere else for breakfast and just write off the fact that you are paying for it in the room rate.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank serenitywriter
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We just spent two nights at Best Western. I was a little bit nervous when I realized our room is right next to the 2nd floor elevator, worrying about the elevator traffic. The rooms are well insulated and we hardly heard any noise.

The hotel is outside of the town but it is pretty centrally located between the nearby attractions. We have breakfast every day and it is plentiful if not the best quality. The room is spacious and very clean.

The hotel doesn't have a pool and I asked for some additional towels but was never delivered. They have a new model of tv remote that was suppose to be green and easy to clean. The remote is maddening because it doesn't have select button and we were not able to watch HBO. The wifi within the bedroom is spotty at best, even after we asked for it to be rebooted.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I was very impressed with the front desk staff. They were very courteous and helpful. The hotel is a little tired, but overall it is a pleasant enough space. Our room had a microwave and fridge which is always nice. The desk chair was pretty broken down, but the upholstered chair was comfy enough. The walls were thin. We could easily hear the tv and conversation in the next room. The breakfast area was very full, but people were generally polite and made space. I would stay her again.

Room Tip: Thin walls - might want a corner room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This is a good hotel for a stopover,it's in the Berkshires but not a nice town. We wanted to be near Stockbridge but this hotel is in the middle of nowhere. The rooms were very large and well decorated with kingsize beds and coffee making machine. They supplied a very good breakfast into the price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This new Best Western hotel is located on the outskirts of Pittsfield but is convenient by car to downtown Pittsfield, Lenox, Lee and Stockbridge. Our room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the staff were courteous, and the breakfast was satisfying. Like everything in the Berkshires this time of year (autumn), it was a bit pricey but seems to be a safe bet if you do not want to risk staying at the many lesser rated motels.
Plus: clean room and simple but good breakfast.
Con: a little remote on the west end of Pittsfield.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road since you get some traffic noise in the front rooms.
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed here the last weekend in Sept great weather to ride the Berkshires and southern Vermont. Nice hotel king room very clean, the breakfast was ok a few hot items eggs waffles and sausage. The staff was very helpful and polite Bo and the manager always had a smile and asked if everything was ok. We stayed here 3 nights and would do it again. Some commented on the road noise but it didn't bother us as we could barley hear it and we had a room facing the road. Only complaint is the internet could use a little work, I got by with my phone and the wifi but the business desktop in the lobby needs some work and might be a problem if you had to print a airline ticket or something or in my case had a problem booking a room for the rest of our journey.

Room Tip: Had a top floor (3rd) end of hall and no complaints...very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsfield
Yankee Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Lenox Pittsfield
Hotel on North
Hotel on North
#1 of 8 in Pittsfield

Been to Best Western Plus Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!