“Good location in Berkshires”
Review of Berkshire Inn

Berkshire Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Pittsfield
Flagtown, New Jersey
“Good location in Berkshires”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Berkshire Inn, Pittslfield, now owed by a new family, was a nice deal for the price. Centrally located in the Berkshires, we were able to drive north and south easily and timely, including up into southern Vermont. The location of the motel is on a hill, which is nice as you're not directly on the road and it's not dowtown which is nice too. The owners added smaller shrubs giving the motel a neater and cleaner appearance. The pool is a nice size and well maintained. Rooms are large enough, and ours was updated with new bedding and furniture, it seemed. Fridge is large too. The room was clean- that being the most important. The bathroom however, is small and needs additional shelving added for personal products. I was in and out of my personal bath bag the whole time. Annoying but again, for what we got for the price we couldn't really complain.
Overall, the Berkshire Inn is a good place for the money and we would come back. No doubt these owners, who are very hard working, seen everyday working outside on their motel, should do well.
Amy and Dave

Room Tip: Enjoy your breakfast out by the pool, or in the room, since there is no space in the office where co...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night on business. The staff here is very nice and welcoming. The hotel is a bit dated, it's clean. However, I did not have the best experience with my room. The bed and sheets were uncomfortable, the toilet would not flush properly and the sink had a slow drain. Some overlooked basics, otherwise it's not bad for just one night.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We (two adults, two teens) stayed for three nights while attending a music festival in the Berkshires. The room was ready early, so we were able to check in, leave our stuff, and get on our way. These are basic accommodations, but the room is spacious, and everything was clean and well maintained. The best thing, for me, is the fact that the owners live on the premises. My biggest concern, especially in an economy setting, is that there might be a lot of noise. The place was quiet, and had there been an issue, I am confident that it would have been addressed. I was glad we stayed there.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Paul D
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Unfortunately we never got to stay at this property. We started to make a reservation online in the morning to stay here that evening; however, the system timed out and an error message popped up in the middle of our transaction. It did not appear to complete the reservation at our end, and we never received a confirmation email. The weather turned for the worse an hour later with freezing rain and ice so we decided to not travel any further since the roads were dangerously wet and icy. We did not think we had a reservation at this property since we still never received a confirmation email so we made other hotel arrangements where we were.

For some reason, the transaction completed on the Berkshire Inn system so we were charged for the night anyway and discovered it on the credit card bill later that month. We contacted the Inn to explain the situation but the owner / manager told us nothing could be done because the payment had already processed. I have never had a reservation complete at the business end and not at the customer end. The owner / manager told us we should have called to confirm. In hindsight, we now know that we should have done this given the unreliability of the reservation system. However, I have never had a situation where a transaction did not complete at my end but completed at the business' end. And if it did complete the reservation, where was the confirmation email??

Just wanted to warn anyone else making an online reservation at this property that they may want to call and confirm all of the details because it appears that this property's reservation system is not always reliable. We are a little disappointed in the customer service handling as well. We understand the reservation completed at their end but there was not attempt to understand our position and remedy why we never received confirmation. We were just told we "should have called". I guess this is the risk you take when you do not opt for a name brand name or chain.

I am sorry that we cannot comment on the actual property itself.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Pittsfield hotels

Ipswich, MA
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Room was attractive, modern and clean. Run by nice family who are very helpful. Continental breakfast was nice surprise. Shrubs are alternating tall and short, and I preferred seeing my car with shorter shrub in front. Motel was much nicer than I anticipated for the price.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Trenton, NJ
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Without a doubt, this is the cleanest hotel room I have ever stayed in bar none. While not the newest or fanciest place the bedroom area was nicely appointed while the bathroom could use some updating. But the best thing about this hotel was its cleanliness -- I believe the owner is the housekeeper -- everything was immaculate and freshly laundered. The next best thing was the great water pressure for the shower: the water gushed from the shower head.

We stayed here at the beginning of February 2013 and even though it was freezing outside it was nice and comfortable inside. Its in a decent part of town -- close to the museum.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PJC29
Glenmont, New York
Reviewed 13 January 2013

If you need a place to stay while in Pittsfield and aren't looking too spend a lot of money this is the place. We were visiting family and just needed a one night stay. Pittsfield isn't a scenic hot spot so you can't expect too much. Now this is an older hotel, but beautifully remodeled with new carpets, furniture, fridge, microwave with lovely linens and decor. It was SPOTLESSLY clean. The bathroom was the old fashioned kind, but they had new sinks put in and again, clean, clean, clean. I was so surprised by how much work they had put into this older inn to make it look so great. Don't let the location turn you away.
Now it is on a busy main road, and there is a train that goes by, we stayed in the winter so with the windows closed I didn't find it a problem (I am a light sleeper so I wear earplugs all the time). As one reviewer wrote there is plastic cover on the mattress which is s bit noisy, but I didn't find it uncomfortable. There is a Keurig type coffee machine in the lobby in the morning so coffee is available when you want it . The owner is very friendly and helpful. You are supporting a local business and family by staying here so that is a nice plus too. We will stay again.

Room Tip: I'd ask to stay away from the main road if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Katesels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsfield
Best Western Plus Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Pittsfield
Yankee Inn
Yankee Inn
#6 of 16 in Lenox

Been to Berkshire Inn? Share your experiences!