“Comfortable & clean” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Pittsfield
Woodstock, New York
“Comfortable & clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

My son, grandson and myself stayed at the Berkshire Inn the end of September this year - 2013.
We had a truck w/car trailer and we weren't sure just where we could park it. As it turned our, we were assigned the corner room and truck/trailer fit in there perfectly. Parked my car along side it.
The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. During our 1-night stay, met some very pleasant 'family' people staying there also. Our room was clean and very comfortable for the price- $89.00. Checked out just as continental breakfast was set up. Nice variety of fruits, cereals and bread items, juice, coffee, etc. Unfortunately we could not partake of if since had a deadline to meet. I would recommend this Inn to anyone- single, family, etc.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cleveland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

We were a group of 7 hikers who rented a total of 5 rooms for 7 nights. The motel was clean, comfortable, basic, and reasonably priced. Carpet needs to be replaced but owners are obviously working on remodeling. Plenty of hot water in the shower! Phones in rooms did not seem to work properly but everyone uses a cell phone these days so in room phones were not needed. 15% discount at Italian restaurant next to motel. Great location. Lots to do in Pittsfield and loads of places to eat.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank happytrails4986
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

We had chosen the Berkshire Inn because of positive reviews in Tripadvisor. We had booked the room already in April 2013 for a 4 nights stay in October. We had read in the internet that during the foliage season it might be difficult to find a hotelroom, what turned out not to be a problem.
When we made the reservation, the motel was still owned by the Perrin Family. Meanwhile it was sold and the new innkeepers are the Patel family. A friendly family originating from India. The breakfast is very simple, but one cannot go hungry.
The room rate was okay, the beds and bathroom were clean, although especially the bathroom showed signs of age. All in all nothing exciting.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I had to rate this property at 5 stars! I stayed here because it was rated at number 3 in Pittsfield hotels. I expected a very clean room, with an owner that cares about his clients. I expected a inexpensive price and they delivered in all areas. The bed linens were nice and fresh. The mattress was fine, She and I both slept well.
The reason I gave them a 5 instead of a 4 is because I left 2 of my favorite shirts hanging in the closet. I didn't realize it until the next day and called in a panic. They not only went in and got them but saved them until I called a few days later. I asked them to please mail them to me and i would charge my card for shipping. They were more concerned I got my shirts then them getting 5 bucks from me to ship them to Ct. I think that's a big deal because I've left significant things behind in rooms before at big, fancy hotels. I've never had anything returned in 25 years of traveling. I've lost fishing poles, battery chargers and the like. I think not only is this hotel clean, simple and in a great location, i think they care about their clients and go out of the way for them.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 19 and loved it.
2 Thank Shefra
Reston, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

We recently stayed here for one night Oct 5th because we were attending a wedding in town. I must say I was terribly disappointed to see how very run down this place is. According to the reviews of others this motel was updated yet had the charm of a 50s or 60s motel. I am very much about charm and older hotels but that was very sketchy. The owners were very nice as several people said but furniture was not new by any sense of the word. Furniture was old dirty and dusty. The bed was hard as a rock (as they tended to be in the 50s) and the comforter was that polyester blend your grandmother use to have. The room smelled of mildew and moth balls and the walls are thin. We could hear every word from our neighbors. It is a shame as this motel has tons of potential but needs to be seriously revamped. Location is good as it is walking distance to the Colonial theatre and other places in downtown Pittsfield. Next time I believe we will stay in Great Barrington as it is an amazing town.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Pittsfield hotels

Danbury, Ct.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Located on the highway heading west out of Pittsfield, this is a typical one story roadside motel with all rooms having outside access. However, the rooms have been updated with new bathroom tile and fixtures, new furniture, HD-TV, Wi-Fi, a small refrigerator, and a microwave. The bed was a bit lumpy and uncomfortable. The door to the room had a deadbolt, but it was useless since the door key worked only the door handle lock which looks like it could be opened with a piece of plastic and had been a few times. Even though they do not advertise breakfast, coffee and a few pastries were available mornings in the office.

The biggest problem we had was a painting project that seem to go on all weekend. When we checked in on Friday afternoon, several workers were scrapping and painting along the outside of the motel. Our room had a strong paint order. Running the A/C fan with the door open reduced the smell to a tolerable level. The next morning, we awoke to the sound of more scraping outside our room. When I stepped out of the room, I just missed stepping in a paint tray on the walkway about a foot outside our door. We left for the day, thinking that would be the last we would see of the painters, but no, when we returned about 10:30 pm that night, they were still scrapping and painting the trim outside our room. They finally quit about 11 pm, but were back again on Sunday.

This motel is a bargain during the week, but on summer weekends, the popularity of the Berkshire area allows them to more than double the rates. I understand that, but what I don’t understand is why they had to subject a full house of weekend guests paying two to three times the normal rates to this highly disruptive and noxious painting operation.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gordon475
Dayton, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

This inn was lovely. A 40s-50s motor inn with a parking place outside the door. Great for unloading our luggage. My husband, my mother, her sister and I all stayed one night in the last week of July while traveling through. We used 2 rooms and both were quaint but outfitted like the 50's. The rooms were comfortable, we all slept well. We did use the pool and it was also lovely. The only problem we had was with the wi-fi. My laptop refused to see it so the hotel staff logged it on their private network, very accommodating service; although my netbook found the wi-fi no problem. I would stay here again and I would stay more than one night.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsfield
BEST WESTERN PLUS Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites
#5 of 8 in Pittsfield
Yankee Inn
Yankee Inn
#5 of 14 in Lenox

Been to Berkshire Inn? Share your experiences!