“Very expensive, but you get what you pay for”

Guido's Fresh Marketplace
Ranked #1 of 8 Shopping in Pittsfield
Gloucester, Massachusetts
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very expensive, but you get what you pay for”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

If you need to stock your larder at your rental with fresh fruits, veggies, pre-cooked items, bakery goods, look no further than Guidos-- but be prepared for sticker shock. I paid $7 for an organic loaf of spelt bread, and it was wonderful-- not something I could have gotten at the Stop and Shop-- but next year, I think I'll pick up basics at S&S, then head to Guidos for special treats.

Visited August 2014

Pittsfield, Massachusetts
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Pricey”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Good selection of produce. Wine selection not bad. Meat and fish selection extensive. Quite popular with summer people. Very pricey.

Visited April 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I recently traveled to the Lenox area for a weeklong stay at a writing workshop. I have numerous food allergies and sensitivities and was afraid that I might not be able to find a grocery store that would have the kinds of foods I needed, but I could not have been more wrong. They had a huge selection of allergy friendly food items and when I asked the worker in the deli to slice my turkey on a clean slicer he could not have been more accommodating and kind. The meat and fish market were one of the best I have seen and the service was amazing. It is one of the best supplied natural food stores I have ever shopped at and that includes any Whole Food Market.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank JudyS03
Erie, Pennsylvania
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Best meat and seafood counter I've ever seen”
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I've never seen such fresh meat and seafood in 1 place ever. I could have purchased everything there. There are long lines but the butchers are very fast with friendly service. Their fresh breads and pastries are also to die for. Their cheese selection is amazing and I really enjoy their sampling.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Ronda J
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

What a great place to shop! They have an actual meat counter with an actual person who knows how to explain and cut meat. I miss that small town individual service. Almost everything was fresh and local....I like that! We loved it all!

Visited September 2013