“Trip to New England”

Troy
“Trip to New England”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Owner , John McGovern was the perfect host. Even though our stay was, only one
night,we enjoyed being there. The Inn was clean and our room was very comfortable.
Our best wishes to John.

Bob & Mable Leytze

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Robert L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 May 2012

My friend and I spent one night at White Horse Inn for a girls' getaway. It was lovely. The host, John (I think, I am bad with names) was wonderful and catered to our every need.
The inn is on the main road that leads in to Pittsfield, but that isn't exactly route 95, and I never heard any noise at night. We were in room 4, with a king bed. I would recommend White Horse Inn. It is very nice. Keep in mind that you are not staying at Blantyre, but you are not paying that price tag either! Breakfast was nice. We weren't all that hungry, but we did eat some of the main dish. There is also a selection of cereal, etc. I thought that we received a good value for what we paid, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Have stayed here several times and each time is as good as the first only we get more and more comfortable. We feel at home from the moment we walk in the door. Gary is most accommodating about arrival time and is there to greet us when we arrive. The only commitment is to supply a time for our breakfast arrival as it is truly a gourmet treat! From spinach quiche, to baked French toast to homemade banana bread. Comfortable peaceful sleep, full bellies to start the day. What could be better!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank L0VE-TRAVEL-17
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 22 December 2011

My parents, wife, and I stayed at the White Horse Inn for one night this past weekend and recommend it highly. The house is beautifully restored, exceptionally clean, and we were treated like family from the moment we arrived. John was extremely accommodating. My dad doesn't get around very well and John was happy to change our arrangements so that my parents had a ground floor and didn't have to deal with the stairs. We selected two rooms with king-sized beds each with an ensuite bathroom.

It was FREEZING in Pittsfield when we arrived but our rooms were both radiator heated and additionally equipped with a faux fireplace space heater that kept us very warm all night. The high thread count sheets and down comforters were also much appreciated. Bathrooms are small, but impeccably clean. Free wifi is available, so I was able to pull out my iPad and read about Kim Jong Il dying and passing his nuclear arsenal to a 26 year old who looks like a cross between Chunk and Data from The Goonies.

Breakfast was great: baked French toast with raspberries and blueberries along with a large spread of fresh fruits, yogurt, English muffins, raisin bread, and cereals. We were offered cranberry or fresh squeezed OJ, a selection of Twinings teas, or coffee. There's a deck off the back of the house that I imagine would be lovely when it's not 12 degrees outside.

The house really is beautiful. John mentioned that they spent a good six months on the restoration. It was really relaxing just sitting in the living room and imagining that I was insanely wealthy, with a staff that waited on my every whim, heated my room, and baked me French toast. We also forgot to sign the guestbook, so that's a good enough reason as any to return.

Room Tip: It's only a few more bucks for a king- sized bed.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank urfman
Franklin, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 November 2011

This was our first stay at the White Horse Inn but not our first trip to Pittsfield. White Horse Inn is only a mile and half from downtown Pittsfield and a great walk on a fall day. The Inn also has a great back yard and deck. We had a choice of rooms and I highly recommend Room 2 and I hope it's available when we go back. Our host were very nice and the breakfast was great. We ate at Elizabeth's, ask the owners about it, it's a great find.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Stayed at the White Horse Inn recently - exceeded all expectations - nice rooms with king sized beds, fully up to date bathroom, gracious hosts, and excellent breakfast custom-ordered in advance.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 June 2011

The breakfast was one of the best we have had at our stays around the country. The hosts are incredibly helpful and the rooms were comfortable.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsfield
Hotel on North
#5 of 8 in Pittsfield
Yankee Inn
Yankee Inn
#6 of 16 in Lenox

Been to White Horse Inn? Share your experiences!