“Delicious!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Koto is a great place to bring a group of friends to enjoy the hibachi tables. There are several. The vegetable hibachi dinner is amazing. The tofu is delicious. Always busy so make a reservation or get there early!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We're now addicted to Koto and go once a week. The hibachi experience is great and we have met some cool people sitting with us. The chefs do a great entertaining job. My husband and I always order the Koto House Special for two which is chicken, scallops, shrimp, filet mignon and lobster tail. We always have enough leftover for another meal. Everything is always cooked to perfection. The noodles and rice are awesome and lets not forget the squirting of the sake. We have also went for sushi and it is presented beautifully and I had the best spice tuna roll I have ever had last night. Scorpion bowls are served with the flaming shot in the middle. The only thing is the lack of understanding of the english language by the hostess when you walk in, but we get over it.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Koto promotes itself as a Japanese Steakhouse but don't miss the opportunity to sample some of the freshes and most imaginative sushi this side of Japan. Our first visit last month was to celebrate my grandsons second birthday. We sat at the hibachi grill and enjoyed a typical, very good hibachi dinner with the usual show put on by the Japanese chef - blades flashing, food flying and overall a lot of fun. My grandson was served a complimentary tempura ice cream as a rock version played while a disco ball rotated.

It was fun experience but not my favorite cuisine. On the urging of my friend, I returned a few weeks later to sample the sushi and I was glad I did. It was among the best I tasted anywhere. The presentations were only matched by the quality of the food. My partner had a butterfly roll served in the shape of a butterfly. With a tempura shrimp at the center it was crunch and delivious. I enjoyed the Angel roll - spicy tuna topped with avocado and 3 varieties of caviar. Others in our party had equally fresh, delicious and imaginative rolls.
I will return on special occassions for the hibachi experience but plan to be a regular patron of their sushi.

1  Thank paul7241
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I went to Koto a few times when it first opened - even had a party at one of the hibachi tables and it was great - but I went back last week and the filth made me turn around and walk out. I was shown to a booth with a piece of food on the seat and 2 more on the floor - I arrived at 4:00 on a Saturday afternoon so not sure how long it had all been sitting there and the brocolli on my seat was clearly visible... I could have gotten over the brocolli, but the smell of grease permeated the air so much that I could hardly breathe and I had to leave. Cannot believe this place has gone downhill so far and so fast. Definitely will not be going again and discourage anyone else...

Reviewed 25 August 2013

The service is good and the chefs are entertaining but the food is not the best. Its bland and it all tastes the same. They use the same seasoning on everything. Make sure to order your steak at least medium well or you are going to get raw meat. I didnt think the food was worth the money.