“Terrible people, VERY RUDE!!!”

Koto Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #20 of 178 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I had heard wonderful reviews and went one Sunday with family. Two of us were handicapped and we were treated absolutely horrible. Seating was atrocious. Terrible people and business owners. I have a large family and extended family, as well as friends with disabilities like myself; the word has been spread about this horrible business people. We didn't even stay to eat it was that horrible.

1  Thank marcsha

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I came here for my first time, with 6 other adults and one child to celebrate a birthday, late on Monday night. (We had made a reservation only twenty minutes before we arrived, and we got in instantly.) There were a few tables there when we arrived but service was incredibly fast. The six Hibachi's were cool and having your own per "family" is awesome. The presentation of the food was interesting and entertaining & the drinks were amazing. What they do for birthday is also cool! I recommend this restaurant to anyone!

1  Thank Rpowers34
Reviewed 7 March 2014

They lost our reservation and made us wait 10 minutes. Seated us at table way too small. Had to ask for menus and place settings. Took 1/2 hour to get drinks and an hour to get food. Food was OK, never checked back to see how food was. Never been treated so poorly as a paying customer! I would eat dirt before going back.

3  Thank Hooner1
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have dinned here multiple times, mostly at the hibachi tables and have not been disappointed with each visit. However, my last time there, with two other couples, we had to settle for a table, since all hibachi reservations for a Saturday night were fully booked.

So, after getting settled down at a table, we decided to order sushi appetizers to start the dinner off with and were absolutely "BLOWN AWAY" by the quality of the food, the presentation of the dishes and the value for each pick. Two of our guests had never eaten sushi before and they loved everything that we "forced" them to try! Each dish just kept getting better and better. Our guests from Boston said that this was on par with what they are used to at the best sushi spots in Boston.

The dinners after the sushi were fantastic as well. The portion sizes are very large and I enjoyed my leftovers for lunch a couple of days later!

Honestly, this is a great spot for habatchi, but I think I have been converted to their grest table service. Also, the menu is very extensive and priced appropriately.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

At the grill.....Great food and interactive show...if you like saki! They squirt it into your mouth for kicks..lol If you aren't interested in this, sit at a booth outside the show/grill, but from our experience, the food is NOT as good...as in the grill area. We enjoy going here. :)