“Family Fun::: Eating Together:::Nine for Dinner:::”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #107 of 170 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
“Family Fun::: Eating Together:::Nine for Dinner:::”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

After a great day at Bousquet Mt Adventure Park we all went to Applebee's for dinner. The Sangria drinks were flavorful and refreshing after being outside all day. The dinners were enjoyed by all.

Visited August 2013

“Awful Service”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I just went to Applebee's with my mother and the hostess wasn't very friendly. She defiantly had attitude. She left us at a booth and walked away. It has been about 5 minutes and nobody has spoken to us. I look over at the bar and all of the staff is standing there gossiping. Really. So we wait 5 more minutes. Still nothing. No drinks. No hello. Nothing. Wow. All we get are death stares from the staff. We wait 5 MORE minutes. A couple walked in, got seated and waited on all in 5 minutes. We still got nothing. Like wow. So the waitress in our section, looks at us, walks away, and starts gossiping again. So we decided to walk out and I thought walking out was a great idea. NEVER in a long time.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank V_Waz_Here
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Won't Return....”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

On July 16th and 19th we went for dinner..... and I can say that the 19th was the last time I will eat at Applebee's in Pittsfield!! On the 16th while there for dinner our food came out mine wasn't even what I had ordered and my boyfriend's was missing one of the "star" ingredients. He ordered the chicken with portabella mushrooms and it came out without the portabellas!! ...I ordered the bourbon street steak extra well and got the bourbon street chicken and shrimp. So then the server asked me if I wanted them to make me what I wanted because she put the order in wrong(mind you after she laughed and thought it was funny because this was a second job for her now, no apology either)?? Really... So that I can wait another 20 minutes and then sit there and eat alone, I said no. I did not leave a happy customer that evening!! But, as loyal customers we went back on the 19th and I ordered what I wanted earlier in the week. EXCEPT this time what I received was mostly raw onions with my steak and no mushrooms!! When I asked if they 86'd them the response from the server(same one as the 16th) was " I didn't do it", INSTEAD OF let me get you some, Im sorry!! I was and am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED in the level of customer service...Twice in one week is enough for me!! That is a Minimum of $100 between the 2 dinners that we spent... We used to really enjoy going in and seeing the faces. We would always sit at the bar to eat due to the level of service but, the last 2 visits were something to be desired. Applebee's Pittsfield lost a couple of loyal customers in us... We will be going elsewhere to spend our money:( :(

• Visited July 2013
Cheshire, Massachusetts
“too much personal info”
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Not bad, not great.... If you're seated anywhere near the entrance, you'll get an earful. Youngun's have a habit of sharing way too much personal info. Seems to be the conversation hub. Okay... food... that's why you're here. It's good for the price. I've never had a meal that I hated. I try to stick with salads, grilled chicken and other healthy options. I love the oriental chicken but was really surprised to see how many calories are in the dressing.

Visited April 2013
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Late night eats”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Recently saw an ad for their half-priced appetizers after 9 pm so we thought we'd try them. It was a Saturday night. The manager greeted us and was very friendly. Our waitress Heidi also was very friendly and cheerful. Not all the appetizers are half-price. The sliders are and they were very good. The new green bean appetizer was not half price but we were curious what they would taste like. They too were good. Warning, they come with two dips. One of them is horseradish. I don't like horseradish and the waitress that brought them to us didn't tell us which one was what. The other dip was good. They have the cutest little dessert. It's called a brownie bite and it comes warm with one small scoop of vanilla icecream for only $1. It's the perfect ending to a meal and hits the spot. We split a mini dessert, the chocolate mousse $2.50. I didn't care for it and my friend thought it was ok.

• Visited April 2013