“Sorry we haven't tried it sooner”

Zucchini's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 179 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My family has been coming to the Berkshires for the past 6 summers and for some reason we have never dined here. We did this trip and are very glad we did. There were eleven in our party, no two people had the same meal. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their selection. One of the aspects of the menu that we all liked was that most entrees were not just standard fare. For example, I had the pan roasted cod entree which came with potato and asparagus. I expected to get baked, mashed or oven roasted potatoes and instead was pleasantly suprised with a layered potato dish that was wonderful as was the rest of the meal. The person who took the reservation was very pleasant and accomdating when I called. We had a reservation for 7p and were seated promptly which typically hasn't been our experience when visiting this area. All of the staff we encountered from when we arrive, until we departed were very pleasant and accomodating. I am looking forward to returning to the area at the end of the summer and stopping in for dinner again.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We were in Pittsfield, MA for a baseball game and stopped at Zucchini's for supper before the game. The place had a very nice atmosphere. I loved the tables, the booths were so big, not overcrowding. I had a specialty salad that was on the specials menu and my husband had the chicken parmesan. He said the sauce was kind of plain but it still tasted good. He prefers a very chunky sauce. The bread was nice and hot. The staff was very attentive also. I would definitely go back again.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Zucchinis is a terrific restaurant. The food is excellent (try the bruschetta and fried zucchini appetizers) and the service is impeccable. At one point, our waitress was in the kitchen picking up orders and I happened to look around for her and within a minute, another waiter came to the table and inquired if we needed anything. This is the kind of team service other restaurants should have.
For vegetarians, there are also several meatless options, which is not always the case in Italian restaurants. I had a fantastic penne topped with grilled vegetables that was absolutely delicious Try this restaurant and you'll become a regular there, I'm sure. And be sure to have one or two of their amazing desserts (we had the strawberry shortcake and the expresso-cookie ice cream).
I was also surprised by the bill -- it was much less inexpensive than I expected.
One suggestion for the restaurant. Please serve Cappuccino. It would top off the meal perfectly.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

My wife and I are regulars at Mario's New Lebanon and we have always wanted to try Zucchini's Restaurant since the cook and part owner at Mario's also owns Zucchini's here. We went on a Tuesday, not because Mario's was closed, but for the reason that it just worked out and my wife now works around the corner in Pittsfield. We arrived this rainy Tuesday evening and sat at the bar for dinner. We ordered the veggie chips and sauce and they were very tasty. The bartender was very accommodating, but not very talkative (which we didn't mind).

I ordered the veal Marsala and my wife ordered the Salmon. Both entrees were amazing. My veal Marsala was to die for - delicious. The potato creation alongside of the veal and salmon was amazing too. The prices are less than at Mario's (which really shocked us) and the food as good if not better (I am partial to veal Marsala, so I may be biased and they don't have this exact dish/flavor at Mario's).

We will now be regulars at Zucchini's as this was a total pleasant surprise vs. what we expected. Bottom Line: Great food, reasonable prices, great service, nice atmosphere. What else could one ask for...?!

1  Thank STEBAY711
Reviewed 17 April 2014

When I first heard about asparagus pizza, I was a little skeptical. Then I read the description on the menu ~wood-fired pizza with asparagus, oven-dried tomatoes, fontina and parmesan cheese with a balsamic drizzle~ and I was sold! And let me tell you, it is amazing! It was love at first bite! I went back several times while I was there for that alone. Zucchini's has a great little bar area, as well as a large dining room, but I mostly sat in the bar which has a quaint atmosphere. I know that my coworkers raved about all of the food there, but I cannot personally attest to that since it was only the asparagus pizza for me. :)