“Nice treat”

Zucchini's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 171 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Syracuse, New York
“Nice treat”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We came here on the recommendation of friends at a geocaching event. Since there were many delicious-sounding choices on the menu, we decided to share a salad and an individual pizza. The beet salad arrived fresh and plenty for two. It is a simple, yet tasty combination, tossed with just the right amount of dressing. The pizza has a hand tossed crust and is fire-roasted. We chose the evening special pizza with zucchini, caramelized onions, and roasted red peppers. The unique flavors were enhanced by fennel seed. We didn't think we'd finish it because the size of the pizza is generous, also, but we enjoyed it to the last bite. It was not slathered in heavy cheese. Not that I'm not a fan of cheese, but we didn't feel like we overindulged.

Lincoln, Rhode Island
“Sorry we haven't tried it sooner”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My family has been coming to the Berkshires for the past 6 summers and for some reason we have never dined here. We did this trip and are very glad we did. There were eleven in our party, no two people had the same meal. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their selection. One of the aspects of the menu that we all liked was that most entrees were not just standard fare. For example, I had the pan roasted cod entree which came with potato and asparagus. I expected to get baked, mashed or oven roasted potatoes and instead was pleasantly suprised with a layered potato dish that was wonderful as was the rest of the meal. The person who took the reservation was very pleasant and accomdating when I called. We had a reservation for 7p and were seated promptly which typically hasn't been our experience when visiting this area. All of the staff we encountered from when we arrive, until we departed were very pleasant and accomodating. I am looking forward to returning to the area at the end of the summer and stopping in for dinner again.

Merrimac, Massachusetts
“Seems high end but not overpriced”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We were in Pittsfield, MA for a baseball game and stopped at Zucchini's for supper before the game. The place had a very nice atmosphere. I loved the tables, the booths were so big, not overcrowding. I had a specialty salad that was on the specials menu and my husband had the chicken parmesan. He said the sauce was kind of plain but it still tasted good. He prefers a very chunky sauce. The bread was nice and hot. The staff was very attentive also. I would definitely go back again.

Waltham, Massachusetts
“One of the best”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Zucchinis is a terrific restaurant. The food is excellent (try the bruschetta and fried zucchini appetizers) and the service is impeccable. At one point, our waitress was in the kitchen picking up orders and I happened to look around for her and within a minute, another waiter came to the table and inquired if we needed anything. This is the kind of team service other restaurants should have.
For vegetarians, there are also several meatless options, which is not always the case in Italian restaurants. I had a fantastic penne topped with grilled vegetables that was absolutely delicious Try this restaurant and you'll become a regular there, I'm sure. And be sure to have one or two of their amazing desserts (we had the strawberry shortcake and the expresso-cookie ice cream).
I was also surprised by the bill -- it was much less inexpensive than I expected.
One suggestion for the restaurant. Please serve Cappuccino. It would top off the meal perfectly.

• Visited June 2014
Albany, NY
“Wow - Expected Average, Encountered Superb!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My wife and I are regulars at Mario's New Lebanon and we have always wanted to try Zucchini's Restaurant since the cook and part owner at Mario's also owns Zucchini's here. We went on a Tuesday, not because Mario's was closed, but for the reason that it just worked out and my wife now works around the corner in Pittsfield. We arrived this rainy Tuesday evening and sat at the bar for dinner. We ordered the veggie chips and sauce and they were very tasty. The bartender was very accommodating, but not very talkative (which we didn't mind).

I ordered the veal Marsala and my wife ordered the Salmon. Both entrees were amazing. My veal Marsala was to die for - delicious. The potato creation alongside of the veal and salmon was amazing too. The prices are less than at Mario's (which really shocked us) and the food as good if not better (I am partial to veal Marsala, so I may be biased and they don't have this exact dish/flavor at Mario's).

We will now be regulars at Zucchini's as this was a total pleasant surprise vs. what we expected. Bottom Line: Great food, reasonable prices, great service, nice atmosphere. What else could one ask for...?!

• Visited April 2014