“One of the better Berkshire restaurants...”

Elizabeth's Restaurant Incorporated
Ranked #12 of 178 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Although NOTHING to look at, its food was good.

I was very glad that the server told me that they do not salt anything, because I would have not enjoyed my meal as much. There's one thing I don't care for, and that's having to season my food at a restaurant. However, she advised me so at the beginning, so it wasn't a surprise.

The food was nice. It was simple and easy. I do like more complex dishes, but I am having a hard time finding impressive food here. I had to add a ton of cheese to my dish, and seasoning - which I am not accustomed to. But overall, a good experience.

The server DID however come to the table before we were ready to leave (we were sitting and chatting) and reminded us that gratuity was not included. We had given her the cash for the bill (OH! Big PS... They only take cash!) and I was going to leave a cash tip. That was uncomfortable, as she assumed we weren't going to tip her, but we were just relaxing after dinner. She jumped the gun on that one. We were a bit slighted by that. Okay, it was just rude, but it didn't ruin our time there.

Overall? Okay.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

really great comfort food. though mostly vegetarian , they had a meatloaf special one time that was really fanatastic. the salad is so good and could be a meal by itself . desserts are just ok and rarely have room for them . best to be downstairs - its like watching a show. great value too

Reviewed 11 March 2014

When making dinner reservations for our ski trip to Jiminy Peak this year, my husband and I knew that this was the one place we wanted to return to for dinner. Elizabeth's (once again) did not disappoint. The food is so flavorful and well-executed. It is like the most delicious version of your mom's home cooking. The only "complaint" I ever have is that the portions are so generous, I never have room for desert! The salad is amazing, the specials are always interesting and tasty, and the service is wonderful. Plus, the price cannot be beaten. This is a MUST eat for anyone in the Pittsfield, Hancock, Williamstown area. Note that they are only cash, check, or IOU, so plan accordingly. We will definitely be returning on our next ski trip!

1  Thank Soon2bworldtrvler
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Close to perfection! Local to north adams, in the mood for something different so took a drive out to pittsfield. After a half hour of sifting through reviews and bellies growling made the last minute choice of going to elizabeths after seeing it's very good rating. The outside was promising with a rainbow peace flag waving us welcome. On the inside we weren't disappointed being warmly greeted by the entire staff as they buzzed around the kitchen. Being withtwo other vegetarians we were pleasantly surprised that only their specials contained meat. I had the polenta and though I'm accustomed to a crispy cake they served theirs grit style but I was more than satisfied, my friends opted for pasta which was also very tasty. It's a cozy homey place with food that's both innovative and classic . Will certainly be back and recommend to anyone!

1  Thank maddymark
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

In Pittsfield on business on a saturday. Checked out trip advisor for Restuarant. Found Elizabeth's. Made a call and was told if we came now could get in rather wise booked all evening. We were two minutes from their location. WOW what a wonderful evening with superb food. Someone else wrote a wonderful review. I will "ditto" that. They said it right on. Now on our monthly trips to Pittsfield we have found the ultimate dining