“WOW!”
Review of Madeleine's Patisserie & Cafe - CLOSED

Madeleine's Patisserie & Cafe
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Do yourself a big, BIG favor...go to Madeleine's.
My wife and I stumbled upon Madeleine's while wandering North St. Located less than 1 min from Park Sq., this little shop / bistro can be overlooked.
The chef / owner is delightful. She is highly trained and makes some of the absolutely finest pastries we have ever had. Her cakes are total works of art. The croisants are light, flavorful and delicious. She makes a granola-type cookie that will knock your socks off.
I'm no food snob. I enjoy the occasional McMuffin or donut to dunk. Still, it was a lucky, lucky day when we discovered Madeleine's. You will not regret visiting this wonderful patisserie.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I happened to stumble upon the Facebook page for this new bakery in downtown Pittsfield. Wow - jumped in the car and headed out. They carry an amazing collection of pastries and baked goods, as well as lunchtime food like pot pies and mac&cheese. We ordered a half dozen of their mini-size pastries, at only $1 each, so we could get a good sampling. The only disappointment is that we didn't order more. This pastry chef is genius (in fact she was a winner on Sweet Genius on Food Network about 18 months ago). This place is a big city bakery in the heart of the Berkshires. Do your sweet tooth a favor and give it a try. It's worth the block or so walk that you might have to make if you can't park right in front.