“"Blue collar" satisfaction”

Add it.
Jimmy's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Jimmy's is an experience in good old fashioned "blue collar" dining. It is Italian-American cuisine in a family friendly neighborhood type setting with a long time loyal and steady customer base. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly and courteous and makes you feel welcome from the time you arrive. The food is very good with more than ample portions and pricing that is appropriate. Since we "found" this place, my wife and I have dined here several times now and have tried different menu items each time. All entrees (and a pizza) were good solid flavorful heartwarming food served just right in a friendly atmosphere that might be best described as a cross between restaurant and a tavern. It is clean and neat. We have been there at different times of the week, at times "slow" with few patrons, and at times when they have been extremely busy. The service or the food has not varied. If you simply want good food at a reasonable price, give Jimmy's a try. We both recommend the prime rib and don't forget the specials! I should note that we drive about an hour one way to get here and I expect that as long as Jimmy's keeps up the good food and value we will be steady customers.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Ate at Jimmy's first weekend in October. Food was good, ample portions, and price not too bad. Server was very good, answered any questions we had. Unfortunately when we there it was very busy, so a little slow, but that was acceptable.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

A decent red sauce italian place like you find all over New England, New York, and New Jersey. I suspect the people who rate it low have expectations that are too high for a red sauce place. The salad was plain, but good. The bread wasn't heated, but it tasted good, The red meat sauce was quite good with a nice, simple taste. Most entrees are available as half plates, which seemed large enough for us. We still left food on the plate. The pasta on my wife's plate was a little overcooked, but not soft enough to avoid eating it. I had french fries instead of pasta with my entree and found the fries crispy and well cooked. Salads were extra which is something we are not used to, but dinner still came in for less than $30, so the price was reasonable. Service was quick, good, and appropriate for what is essentially a local family restaurant.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Stopped at this restaurant for dinner because it was on our way to our hotel while visiting Pittsfield. Where to start? The good, waitress very attentive and place looked clean. The bad- the food!! First the salad, plate of iceberg lettuce with two slices of cucumbers and one quarter slice of tomato, ..which was served with big slices of cold bread! Figured we would go safe and order spaghetti, because how difficult is it for a restaurant to mess that up. Well, they did! They served us this huge plate of mushy tasteless spaghetti - my husband's with meat sauce and I ordered meatballs - neither one had any taste. We even added red pepper flakes and nothing would fix that mess! I took a few bites and put it to the side. Oh yes, we ordered wine - my merlot tasted like metal?? Would not recommend or visit this place again!!!! The one star is for the service. I don't understand why the other reviews say the food is good - that was the reason I visited because of the reviews. What was especially dissappointing was that we were out celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary and wanted a nice dinner!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

A southern Italian restaurant with the usual fare. I have nothing bad to say about the place, but nothing good either.