“Very sad”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We have bed a regular at this restaurant for the last three years. We went back recently and were so very disappointed. The waitress forgot to bring my appetizer. When I did remind her it was well after my husband finished his ( I couldn't find her any earlier). She didn't ask if if I was still interested in having it, she just brought it out, so my husband had to sit and wait while finished my appetizer. We both order the evening specials. My husband order the roast chicken which came out undercooked and I order the tuna special. When the waitress served my order she said that " the chef suggests that you let it sit awhile". Very strange ! The tuna was also undercooked ( I like it rare, but this was raw) bland and stringy. Certainly not quality tuna. We immediately returned the chicken, but had no time to reorder as we were going to a play that evening so my husband, under duress, ate the tuna (yuck). When we got our check, the waitress had the nerve to say that the chef was not charging us for the chicken!! Really??? Never again!!

2  Thank vacationer048

Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Waiter had the gall to state that my comment about the Salmon was "wrong, above wrong, above wrong, above wrong. I have tasted it and it was moist and tender. The kitchen is closed" and then walked away. Pretentious and rude doesn't quite make it.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

The food is good, but the attitude is awful. Overpriced? Yes. Pretentious? Yes. I came with my wife and a gift certificate for $50. When I got my bill I found I had been assessed a 20% gratuity because I used a gift certificate and they were afraid I wasn't going to tip them. When I complained I was told that that was the "management policy". Well, my policy is not to bring my business to such place ever again. I'm sure they don't care. Buena sera to you, Rustica.

1  Thank Nick222Pittsfield
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews, we still decided to go, and I would advise everyone not to waste their time. I had roasted fish, and while it wasn't bad, it was $32! and to have it served with 8 lima beans and an equally small amount of swiss chard was an insult! Not knowing how much my fish was because it was one of the nightly specials I asked for the dessert menu - $10 for a cannoli! My husband had linguini with olive oil and roasted garlic and that was $17. There is nothing great about this place, not the service, not the food, and not the price!

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Fresh ingredients, nice wine list, very cozy, but worth a visit. Bring a wad of cash because it is costly.