“I should have listened!”
Review of Trattoria Rustica

Trattoria Rustica
Ranked #17 of 172 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I should have listened to the reviewers! They were right. I called to see if they were open and I was told the only time I could come was 6:30. I didn't mind thinking that this was a sold out evening and the food was going to be great! I arrived and to my surprise there were more empty tables then full. I ordered the ravioli special. The pasta was very thick and the edges not cooked. It tasted like raw flour. If that wasn't bad enough, the sauce over powered the entire dish. I sent it back and asked for the lamb chops. They had a very strong seared flavor killing the taste of very tender meat. Overall, the experience was not good. I should have stayed in the hotel and had room service.

1  Thank Linda S
There are newer reviews for Trattoria Rustica

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Lovely hidden gem on side street. Enjoyed the Italian wine, meal was true Italian.
Service was slow even though not busy. Pricey.

When informed about a lethal food allergy, server
was not as diligent as we expect. Would recommend to the management review "food allergy" protocols to assure a safe dining experience.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We were told this restaurant was excellent and it was very good. The menu was very upscale and small. Some foods were not to my taste but we enjoyed our meals. I had asked to switch one side vegetable for another and was accommodated.

1  Thank Sophie S
Reviewed 12 August 2013

After many restaurants were closed, we stumbled apon this one. Bad choice. The food was good, nothing special. But the service was indescribably awful. Our waiter accidentally stepped on my foot, with his hard as a rock dress shoe. It swelled up. He appologized but ran off. When I asked to speak with the manager, they said that he was the cook and he was tired and didn't want to come out, he never comes out. The owner was "busy" but finally came out. Their side of the argument got dumber and dumber. The waiter said that his foot was busted, so he didn't care that my foot was too, because "it's life, things happen". I argued that I got injured in their restaurant, therefore they should be responsible, or at least pay for my meal. The waiter said "oh you most certainly are paying for your meal. You're lucky we even let you in here past closing!" (They let others in after us). I refused to pay, and then he threatened to call the police. He eventually slammed the check into the table and yelled "get out of my restaurant. GET THE HELL OUT OF MY RESTAURANT!" I have never been kicked out of a restaurant in my life. This is the worst restaurant I have ver gone to. Never ever eat here.

5  Thank Hazel T
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

We took friends visiting from out of town and the four of us all had something different. The veal was tender and delicate, the bass was seasoned perfectly so as not to take away it's flavor, the shrimp and scallops perfectly cooked, and the risotto as good as if it were prepared in Italy. We shared a dessert because we were all too full and it too was wonderful. This particular evening we chose to have dinner out in the garden and that made the whole visit just perfect. Will definitely return again and again.

1  Thank Manatee1965