“Great subs!!”

Angelina's Submarine Shop
Ranked #52 of 180 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 27 February 2017

We discovered Angelina's in 2011. My wife and I both love subs and on a hunch stopped there. Service was great. The submarines definitely live up to our standards. We will go there again!!

Reviewed 3 August 2016

Haven had very high ratings, so we went there with high expectations. The place was very crowded, and we waited about a half hour. I had a Frittata, a house specialty, and my wife had French Toast. Neither dish was worth the ratings. Breakfast is either good or not. In this case the latter.

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

When we were kids my parents used to bring us on picnic lunches at local lakes and parks on the weekends. The routine was get subs at Angelina's, ice, soda and chips from local Price Chopper and head out. On the visit I decided to get one of my mom's old favorites, a steak n cheese grinder. The bread is always fresh and super soft, hot and fresh with the toppings that you order right on top.. same as I remember it from years ago. They have the same consistency as back in the eighties. They have a large selection of choices of grinders cold and hot to choose from. Give it a try for a lunch on the go..

Reviewed 20 July 2016

I've been going to Angelina's since it opened in the mid 50's. Every time I travel to the Albany-Pittsfield area to visit family I have to go there. My Mom loved their hot pastrami sub so I would make a special trip from 20 miles away in NY to take her there. Since she's passed I have her favorite sandwich there in tribute. I have had many of their other subs and they are all great. The bread is like right out of the oven it is so fresh. That hot pastrami sandwich with cheese and their peppers and onions sauce is wonderful. And don't forget the Wise potato chips.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

"Parking in rear" sign is hidden by hedges, but there is room back there. Entrance is on the road side, with about four steps to get inside. Not too handicapped accessible. Inside, there are lots of little signs all over the walls and counter describing their menu. The main menu is behind the counter, and the blackboard with available toppings is by your knees, in front of the counter. A little cabinet with available breads is about waist high, between the stations. It was a little confusing, but if you know what you want, ask, and they'll probably have it. Subs were made well, and not thrown together. Good amount of meat and toppings. Sandwiches were little pricey, and bottled drinks were $2.09 each, but it was filling. We would return if in the area again.