“Service needs alot of improvement”

Tahiti Takeout & Lounge
Ranked #111 of 178 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 20 November 2012

The food is always delish. I don't think I've ever had anything that I didn't like from there. Now let's talk about the service.....Ughhh!! Waitresses act like they could care less if you are there or not. When you call in an order for takeout, they are equally as disinterested. There is an older woman who retrieves your takeout order, after rudely saying, Yessss??? I didn't encounter one person (other than the woman in the Keno office) that even attempted to act like they wanted to be there. I love their food but I think I'll go to Luau Hale where everyone you encounter says hello and smiles. Their food is also very good and reasonably priced!

1  Thank ladybugz1216

Reviewed 2 September 2012

I grew up in Boston and had many great Chinese food restaurants to eat at, but I moved to the Berkshires, there were none to be found. Until, I found Tahiti! Real BROWN (not that yellow crap) pork fried rice, brown duck sauce (not yellow, what is it with cheap yellow crap at other Chinese places) and the BEST crab rangoons around, this place is amazing. Yes, the atmosphere is that of a typical bar, but just order the food to go you'll be so much happier. I love this place!

1  Thank HappyTrails1984
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I placed an order from there online menu. When I went to go pick up the food they wanted 15% more money than I calculated from there online menu. I only had enough money to pay for the price and tax that I calculated. They refused to honor there online menu prices. So I went out to my car to look for some change. I was still $0.28 short. They finally gave me the food but it was ice cold and wasted 1/2 hour of my time. I will never go there again and advice others not too as well.

Reviewed 15 March 2009

How can you not love this place? Bowlers special,, Yumm and of course there is the Scorpion bowls!

Reviewed 22 November 2008

The chinese food here is always consistently great, but the service is terrible. It's not that the food isn't delivered fresh and hot to the table, it is getting the bartender/waitress to acknowledge you and it wouldn't hurt to at least fake a smile and pretend to like your job. The wings are huge, juicy and tasty and the house lo mein is loaded with meats and shrimp with plenty of leftovers to take home. Guess we will stick with getting the food to go.

2  Thank Helloooooo