“Nice rooms ! Comfortable !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Pittsfield
watsontown, pa
“Nice rooms ! Comfortable !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2006

We stayed at this hotel in early December 2006 and I have to say that it is one of the best motels that I have ever stayed in. Our room ( room #130 ) had nice king size bed with refrigerator and microwave and the high speed connection was simply owesome. The room looked like brand new or totally reconditioned and we later found out that the whole section on our side was brand new built. Those rooms are as good as those of Hampton Inns but for half the price. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who pays $200+ during spring and summer season to stay in the Berkshires to book here for about half the price (in the lower to mid $100 range ). Nice place to spend a night (or two ).

• Liked — New construction of the rooms
  • Disliked — no pet policy ! we could not bring our dog to the hotel as they do not allow pets !
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for rooms in new section ! Make request to Manager as he is very nice fellow !
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Boston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2006

We chose this motel for its decent prices and also because I had stayed at a Travelodge in Canada that was clean. Little did we know...

First the staff said that they had lost our reservation. Turned out the morning staff had checked us in before we had even arrived. O-kaaay...

THEN we found BLOOD on our sheets! We didn't see the bloody spots until we had slept on the sheet for a night because it was by the edge of the bed! It couldn't have come from any of us. When we took a closer look, we found that the sheets didn't look like they had been washed. Which meant that we had slept on dirty sheets that the previous guests had slept in. How disgusting is this?!?! We also found blonde hairs in the other bed (none of us is blonde)...

The manager wasn't very accomodating. She only offered to comp us for our stay when we brought the sheets to the front desk in the middle of the night. And now I have some mysterious itchy patch on my foot now. I think could be from bedbugs.

Truly the most disgusting experience I've ever had! We're talking about basic hotel management issues here! Unhygienic and disgusting. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed October 2006, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Pittsfield hotels

New York, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2006

This was the only place that we could book a room for after a Tanglewood concert. The room was quite possibly the dirtiest motel room I have ever seen; we debated showering as the tub was filthy, the ceiling was blackened, the toilet was dirty, and the floor wasn't vacuumed. For $192 a night, we couldn't even get a non-smoking room. The front desk clerk blamed Orbitz and refused to accomodate us. It was the worst motel room I ever stayed in.

• Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2006

Good news first. excellent wireless internet in the room, nice-sized fridge, microwave, coffee maker.
Bad news. Not a great location as far as surroundings. Worst news, our room (218) had an awful odor which I eventually matched up to a NYC subway entrance that was used for personal needs rather than transit. Gave me a horrible headache after waking up in the AM.

Stayed June 2006
1 Thank nottoofunny
Boston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2005

We booked this hotel through Expedia, which stated that the hotel had a 4pm cancellation time. On the morning of our reservation, we called the hotel to cancel, and they refused to let us, saying that they have a 72-hour cancellation policy. The man said that he didn't care what Expedia said, and that he had already charged our room-- before we had even arrived!

I am in the midst of trying to get our money back.

Stay away from this hotel!

10 Thank Milton_Annie
Helena, Montana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2004

FIFTY-NINE DOLLARS? FIFTY-NINE DOLLARS? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? That would probably explain why the owner of the Travelodge was so persistent in getting as much money from me as he could the following weekend that we just stayed there!

I made a reservation at the Travelodge about 3 weeks before arriving. The rate was $144 for Friday, $153 for Saturday. This was the best I could find during Tanglewood.

While I was checking in, someone called and inquired about a room for that night. The owner said he had one, non-smoking room available for $120. Fabulous. Come at the last minute and apparently you get a discount. Make a reservation and get the high price. The owner never got a name for the individual on the phone, leading me to believe the other party wasn’t interested.

It turned out that I had inadvertently booked a smoking room, but when I got up to the room, it was more like a smoking LOUNGE. I would have preferred the smell of freshly soiled kitty litter over the stench of this walk-in ash tray. This room was so entrenched in smoke that you could see a hazy film on the mirror.

I called the desk, asked for a non-smoking room to which I received an abrupt, “There are none!” No soup for you 3 weeks. Being the non-confrontationalist that I am, I failed to ask what happened to the room that was available 5 minutes ago for $20 less. Thanks for working with me pal.

So we stayed in the smoke chamber for the night. Other delightful features of the room were the stained carpet and the door that was so misaligned in the door jam that the dead bolt wouldn’t work. For $59 we wouldn’t have complained. But $144 is a different story.

The next morning we inquired about getting a non-smoking room for the remaining night and thankfully a helpful woman told us a room was available in the newer part of the motel. She began to tell me that it would cost us more, until she realized what rate “he” (presumably the owner) had been charging us and gave us the room at no additional charge. She did tell us to go look at it before taking it because “he” rented the room to some “townies” the night before which she implied can often lead to mischief.

The room was a VAST improvement over the other. Quite new and no cigarette stench. Other than the group of gentlemen urinating outside our window that night, the room was quite pleasant!

The moral of the story is make sure you reserve a room in the new part of the motel and be aware that the owner doesn’t seem too concerned whether you’re a happy guest or not.

14 Thank number1055
Merrimack, New Hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2004

We stayed at the Pittsfield Travel Lodge for one night in early August of 2004 while visiting Tanglewood in the Berkshires. We booked the room on the Travelodge website several months in advance. When I arrived in the early afternoon, the young lady at the desk was quite pleasant and found our reservation on the computer, but seemed to have trouble finding us a room. She blamed the owner saying that he didn't know the business. After several attempts, she found us a room and gave us our key. Much to our surprise, the room had been made up, but was already occupied as evidenced by the clothing and other personal effects. Back to the office where she apologized and blamed the owner and found us another room. My wife and I treked to that room only to find someone sleeping in it. Back to the office again and this time I insisted that she take the pass key and find us a room and insure that no one was inside! She did and we had a very clean room at the price which we were promised ($59) which is excellent since every motel and hotel in the area doubles or triples their rates when performances are scheduled at Tanglewood. When it came time to check out, the owner could not find our registration form and had to go through his file several times before he located it. When I mentioned that we had problems checking in, he really didn't seem to care! It really isn't a bad motel. They are doing renovations and trying to improve the facility. It is close to several restaurants and shopping. In summary, a great room at a great price, but be prepared to deal with the staff at "Fawlty Towers"!

• Stayed August 2004
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank tip
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsfield
BEST WESTERN PLUS Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in Pittsfield
Hilton Garden Inn Lenox Pittsfield
Vacation Village in the Berkshires
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!