Berkshire Plaza Hotel
US$143
US$139
Berkshire Inn(Pittsfield)
US$78
Yankee Suites Extended Stay(Pittsfield)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$47
US$61
US$55
US$61
All reviewsbreakfast buffetquiet flooromelet stationrevenue managerbit wornindoor poolthe hotel staffberkshire museumdowntown areaone night staycomfortable stayconvenient locationjiminy peakgracepoolsidecolonialski
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stopped at this hotel for one night to rest up after camping at Solid Ground while we attended the Solid Sound festival in North Adams. The hotel front staff was courteous, the hotel was clean, and the beds comfortable. My boys enjoyed swimming for three hours in the indoor pool that was clean, well-maintained, and with a veranda that offered views of the Berkshires. A nice touch was the changing rooms near the pool area complete with a sauna and a shower. The biggest surprise for us was the quality of food at the bar adjacent to the pool. Although the beer was warm, the nachos were cheesy and plentiful. We ordered one as a late night snack and although it was ten dollars a plate it amply fed the four of us. One suggestion I do have is that the toiletries should be bigger in size. The shampoo bottle provided only washed one head of hair and we had to call down to the front desk for more.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jan1119
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Since this is one of the top hotels in the Holiday Inn chain I expected a little better presentation when we got to our room. On one of the beds the sheets were dirty/stained. The towels were the worst I've ever seen in a hotel. They we dingy and frayed. The parking garage was unsafe, the stairs were crumbling and there was debris everywhere. Our next night was at a Holiday Inn and it was outstanding! Oh and our friends room at Crowne looked like someone had been lounging on their bed just before they checked in.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Berkshire Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Laura G,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 24 June 2013

This is a bit of a mixed review, but mostly our stay was very positive. First off, I want to say the customer service we received from Terrance on multiple occasions was the very best. We were in a bit of a situation and he helped us with an early check in on a busy weekend. On the phone and in person, he delivered which is why I stay at IHG properties (the company has Holiday Inns, Crowne Plaza, Etc.).

As far as the hotel itself is concerned, it has it's pros and cons. The hotel itself has a little bit of an odd layout with the bar and pool upstairs and the room we stayed in #202 by the pool we had to take an elevator up to the 2nd floor then go up some stairs.

The room was definitely a bit of a week spot, since the room is in with the pool so the second you step out your door it is hot from the pool and there are (or at least when we stayed) screaming kids, etc. In this sense our room felt a little bit more like a motel because of the door opening up to pool-but to check in early it was worth it. I think the few rooms by the pool are probably the worst of the lot and the other ones that are in the main tower must be a little nicer.

Our room itself was roomy, had a nice bed and modern tv. The carpet was aged to be certain and the bathroom was definitely on the tiny side.

We didn't eat or drink at the bar, but that was modern and from what we could see I would definite give it a try on a less busy trip.

As for Pittsfield, a cool museum (The Berkshire Museum) was super close-4 minute walk. There were also a ton of restaurants nearby. The Market Cafe was great for fresh and healthy stuff!!! Honestly, one could do a lot worse for location and hotel. Again the biggest issue was the layout and the somewhat aged vibe of those pool rooms. It really didn't affect us-we slept fine-just not the easiest rooms to get to (no way to bring a bell cart to the actual room) and a little less modern than we expect from Crown Plaza's. Oh yeah, the Wifi was the worst but they had a plug in so we just used our computer from the desk.

Overall, I would recommend this place because of location and service. I would strongly suggest avoiding the pool rooms unless you plan on spending all your time near the pool/terrace area.

Room Tip: Avoid the pool rooms unless your coming from the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I stayed here one night this past weekend for business. At first glance the hotel seemed nice. The common areas and the pool were okay. When we got to the room it looked about average but the air in the room smelled a bit stale. I thought perhaps it was unused for a while and once the A/C was turned on it would clear. I checked the bed and found the sheet was stained and torn and had to have housekeeping come and change the bed. They were very quick and accommodating with that. We left for our event and when we got back to the room it was late and we were very tired. By this point the air had changed from stale to skunky. I was too tired to bother trying to change rooms so I spritzed some perfume and tried to sleep. The breakfast buffet was nothing great. The scrambled eggs were rubbery. I do not think it was worth the $12 they charge you for it. No bacon, pancakes, or French toast. At least not that day.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Berkshire Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear gretaloo,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if your stay was negatively affected by the condition of your room. I appreciate you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 June 2013

We put 3 couples up here for a family reunion.prices ok for area, rooms pleasant and clean. kids loved the great indoor pool, worth the price for this alone. nice bar.they made free eatrly am coffee for our hungover kids.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family