“Location in middle of Pittsfield”

Crowne Plaza Pittsfield
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Pittsfield
New York City, New York
“Location in middle of Pittsfield”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Building is pretty ugly -- a product of urban renewal from the 1970s which resulted from the tearing down of the old train station and other more charming structures. Of course, once you get inside the advantage is that you can no longer see this building . In any case, the amenities and level of service are all quite good for this class of hotel and the location is central to a lot of Berkshire attractions from the high culture of Tanglewood and Mass MOCA, to skiing at various local resorts and to hiking in the mountains. The parking is free although in a particularly ugly parking garage. The staff was very helpful.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank neur14

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Arlington, Vermont
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I have had the opportunity to stay at many hotels in the past couple of months, traveling to and from Boulder Colorado, staying in IHG hotels along the way. Nothing compares to the experience I have had during my stay(s) at the CP Pittsfield.

Upon walking through the door, the desk staff were welcoming and helpful. They went the extra yard to make my stay enjoyable. The maintenance staff is always on task and it is clear that the GM has his priorities in order as the place is clean, the pool is sparkling and everything is running like a well oiled machine.

The restaurant staff is courteous and efficient and the food is as good as it gets. No reason to leave the place! When I did check out, I was sent off with a cheerful request to return soon. Something I will definitely do when I'm in the area.

Room Tip: If you don't like the room for whatever the reason, the front desk will change it for you if the...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Freehold, NJ
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We go for our annual family Christmas gathering and the Crowne Plaza is close to family, restaurants and several attractions in the center of town. The location is what brings us here. The hotel could use a bit of updating and the parking garage is under renovation. The staff is helpful and accommodating and that makes up for the updating issue.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This hotel is old and uninviting form the exterior, but it was a great price and conveniently located in downtown Pittsfield. The Berkshires are lacking in mid range affordable lodging, you either have $300 per night or $65 per night on a non holiday off season weekend (higher at those times), so for $120 the Crowne Plaza was a good bet. The front desk staff was awesome, the lobby is large and inviting (opposed to the bleak concrete courtyard out side) and the rooms are clean, however dated. The hallways could use new carpet and the furnishings are 20 years old, the TV offered limited channels and as usual the internet was slow, but FREE!
We were disappointed to see that breakfast was $12.99 or $2.50 for a cup of to go coffee, but there are at least two coffee shops within a block of the hotel so I recommend one of those.
Overall, I would stay here again if the price is right, just don't expect to be amazed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Pittsfield, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear tomeduke,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My daughter and I had a truly wonderful experience here. This is a full-service hotel. FYI, my daughter had oral surgery prior to our visit and I wanted a place for us to rest and recover. We slept and watched TV in our room, but most of all, we had access to the facilities--the lovely pool, the gym, and the many in-house and nearby opportunities for dining. I used some of them when she could not. Our room was quiet and warm and our beds were comfortable. Service was prompt when we needed it, even off hours, for example when we needed more towels after swimming. We enjoyed the staff at breakfast and at the desk, truly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Easthampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The place was built in the 70's and as such is not on par with the newer places you may have stayed. That being said it was clean and the staff were friendly. It is a skip to a great Irish Pub where we ate and indulged in a few cocktails as we were walking. The room was toasty warm on a freezing windy night in the Berkshires. Noise was the only complaint I could muster if asked and that was from the rude neighbors slamming doors in the wee hours. I would go back there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Pittsfield, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear Betsy315,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. I appreciate your positive feedback on the level of cleanliness, friendly staff and comfortable rooms. However, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced caused by the noise. We try our best to ensure all guests have a great stay and undisturbed sleep. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Lera P
seacoast, nh
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I should have know something was up when there were printed signs stating "No hockey sticks of any size allowed in the hotel" the place was packed with youth hockey kids and parents.

Our room was in the courtyard around the pool. After returning from dinner around 7PM, the pool area was complete madness with jumping, yelling kids - 12 packed into the adult only hottub) with no consideration of the rooms less than 12 feet away. This went on until about 9:30 PM when some of the kiddos and their families heading to their rooms in other parts of the hotel, great I thought as I headed down at 9:45, they are packing up, I can get a relaxing soak in. No, no I could not - security came along and told us to clear out, pool area was closing - I tried to plead my case that until now I could not get into the hot tub area due to the rambuctous kids.

If my compnay wasn't paying for this one night stay, I would have made a complaint, but now I know to ask if they are hosting groups for any event before I complete checking in.

Room Tip: check if there are any large groups before completing check in
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Pittsfield, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear brucelegs,

Thank you for sharing your recent staying experience with us. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced.

We strive to provide a clean and comfortable environment for our valued guests to enjoy while staying with us and it is clear we did not in your experience. We will review our internal procedures to ensure that such a situation does not occur again. The City did have a large soccer competition during the time you were here. We try to ask that they refrain from running around the Hotel and be mindful of our other guests, but sometimes, we cannot reach all of them and we're so sorry it disrupted your stay.

Again, thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and we appreciate you choosing to stay with us! If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Brenda Johnson
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsfield
Best Western Plus Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites
Yankee Inn
Yankee Inn
#6 of 16 in Lenox
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox

Been to Crowne Plaza Pittsfield? Share your experiences!