“Great location but that is about it.”

Crowne Plaza Pittsfield
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Pittsfield
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Right in the middle of Pittsfield, MA. Nice pool in hotel. Convenient to have a small bar/restaurant. Nice breakfast spread with omelet station but expensive. Easy to park. But that is only positives I have. Not a dirty hotel but it can be much better. There was a dirty towel hanging from shower rod. Nail clipping all over bed spread (Two bed room. I assume no one slept in that bed prior so they did not touch it.) Noisy plumbing. Whenever anyone used the bathrooms above my floor it sounds like a waterfall coming down between the walls.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Stonemountain7
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Pittsfield, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear W L,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is wonderful to know you appreciate our location and the pool. We are sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations with the room condition. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Pittsfield

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Posts by other reviewers largely mirror my thoughts.
The location is good, although downtown Pittsfield doesn't offer much.
The rooms are ordinary, although the views are quite nice.
The garage is a mess...dirty, busted concrete, poor traffic flow, confusing...at least it's free!
The breakfast buffet is mediocre and overpriced.
My most recent stay was booked with loyalty points. Fortunately I checked the bill, because I had been charged an exorbitant rate. A quick trip to the front desk led to an immediate acknowledgement of a "mistake." Being on the cynical side, I insisted on having a "corrected" invoice printed. Later I double checked my credit card to make certain that the "mistake" didn't find its way there.
Amenities such as an in-house restaurant, indoor pool, and banquet / meeting facilities apparently elevate this property to "Crowne Plaza" status, but I rate it below a standard Holiday Inn Express. The nearest HIE is 30 min away in Great Barrington at a significantly higher rate. The problem is that the pickin's are awfully slim in Pittsfield. The Park Square location generally suits me better than properties along Pittsfield-Lenox Road. This is why I stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east have nice view of Park Square; those facing south overlook Bousquet's ski area...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darthdaddy
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Pittsfield, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Darthdaddy,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I am pleased to know that our location was suitable for your needs. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced and if your stay was negatively affected by the billing issue may have caused you. We are relived to know though that it was addressed in a timely manner. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

If you are attending a business function, then by all means, stay here. The downtown location can't be beat. But that's the only reason to stay here. For the value, the rooms are overpriced. The parking garage is dilapidated and confusing. The breakfast buffet at an additional $12.95 is an embarrassment .... terrible food with worse service. Any of the Rte. 7 motel chains offer much more for much less money!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank nottinghall
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Pittsfield, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear nottinghall,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am am very glad that you liked our location.

However, I am very disappointed to hear the troubles you have encountered. For our room rates, we always ensure that we remain competitive with other hotels in the area. I sincerely apologize if you found our rates to be higher that what you have expected. I deeply regret that this negatively impacted your overall impression of our hotel.

Your experience is definitely not reflective of the high standards we pride ourselves with and I can understand how this may have left you frustrated and I can assure you this experience is not the level of service we are expected to provide. Rest assured that your comments will be used to monitor the service that we give to our guests. Thank you for your feedback and we welcome the opportunity to improve.

Dhan M

Reviewed 9 February 2014

My stay was great my friend also got married there the wedding was great. All front desk people were extra helpful and made my stay pleasant.when I come to pittsfield ma I would not think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This Crowne Plaza is not like the other Crowne Plaza I satyed in. Rooms were very old. Beds were not comfortable as I used to. Breakfast buffet was same quality as you can find at Holiday Inn Express. Waitresses in the restarents desn't care if you need coffee to start your day or you need re-fill for coffee in your cup. Batrooms counter tops were very low about knee high.

Room Tip: I stayed on 2nd floor by the pool in a two double bed room. Rooms carpet and all furniture were very...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Pittsfield, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Salman F,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the issues you had with most of our amenities and the dissatisfaction you encountered with our service level. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Dhan M

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Located just off the central intersection of Pittsfield, this hotel offers complimentary covered parking. Very friendly front desk staff. Spacious rooms, decent gym, and nice breakfast buffet with made-to-order omelettes. Also in walking distance to a few restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank oceanpalace
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Building is pretty ugly -- a product of urban renewal from the 1970s which resulted from the tearing down of the old train station and other more charming structures. Of course, once you get inside the advantage is that you can no longer see this building . In any case, the amenities and level of service are all quite good for this class of hotel and the location is central to a lot of Berkshire attractions from the high culture of Tanglewood and Mass MOCA, to skiing at various local resorts and to hiking in the mountains. The parking is free although in a particularly ugly parking garage. The staff was very helpful.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank neur14
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsfield
Best Western Plus Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox
Yankee Suites Extended Stay
Yankee Suites Extended Stay
#4 of 8 in Pittsfield

Been to Crowne Plaza Pittsfield? Share your experiences!