“Poor customer service!!”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Pittsfield
Bird in Hand, Pennsylvania
“Poor customer service!!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed here while in town for my niece's wedding, and while the hotel was convenient because the reception was held there, I was disappointed with the hotel overall. when we checked in, the room was not as clean as it could have been, hand prints on the mirror, what appeared to be Kool-Aid on the white comforter, and hair in the tub, to name a few. These things were very noticeable, so it seems the room was never inspected before we checked in. The city of Pittsfield should also condemn the parking garage. Although the parking fee was waived. the garage was very dirty, cement chipping, rusting everywhere. Also, the Crowne Plaza should at least take care of the level where the hotel is accessible, this level was dingy, with vomit in several different places. Called 3 days ago to discuss this with the manager, was told he is good about returning calls, I'm still waiting for his call.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Leah A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Pittsfield, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Leah A,

Ben J
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Gordonville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza for my daughters' wedding reception, which was held there.Good room, clean and comfortable. Kitchen wouldn't give us the amount of meals to go we asked for (6) from the reception (we had 12 no-shows, paid for 180 meals and only received 168), & they threw away the top of her wedding cake and remaining wedding cake without checking with anyone. Hard to find luggage carts when it is busy...it's a big hotel and they only have 4.

Room Tip: I think if you have paid for meals at a wedding reception, they should allow you to take some "...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Southport, Maine
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza Pittsfield many times before. I keep coming back because the Crowne Plaza has all that one would expect out of a good hotel - great location, clean rooms, easy parking, fast room service. (In fact, the food was really excellent and a fair price.) Each stay has been very nice. Due to a family emergency, I had an extended stay recently. Beyond what I have come to expect from the C.P., I was so impressed with the staff and their helpfulness during my extended stay. They bent over backwards to be accommodating and supportive. Kudos to Grace and her team. They made this stay an A+!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
New Boston, Texas
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

They have a class 2 working there. Please if you have kids besafe don't bring them there. I can't understand why they have a useless person working there. The room was but clean the bed was not made and we found a used condom with a note that said thank you Joe I left and found a better place stay again please be safe don't bring your kids

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank pussyhot
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Pittsfield, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear pussyhot,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced recently. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Faith R
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Pittsfield hotels

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I read all these reviews before going and I honestly didn't know what to expect given that some of them had negative comments. I was more than impressed. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the restaurant was awesome, the staff was all more than pleasant, and not to mention the phenomenal location. Parking is free and extremely convenient. We plan on coming back for sure. Thanks for the experience !

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Cassandra D
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

When I travel to Pittsfield this the hotel that I stay at because of the location. I have bee nap staying here for years and I still cannot understand why the breakfast buffet is mediocre and the garage is mess. There are leaks and broken up concrete everywhere.. But it is free to park! Outside of that, it's average.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LuvNLife2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Pittsfield, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear LuvNLife2014,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs and expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the breakfast and garage. We take all feedback seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The staff at the Crowne Plaza made my family feel right at home. The servers and breakfast cook were excellent. They took very good care of us and made the stay very pleasant. The servers Sondra and Skye went out way to make sure our 9 year old was happy. The breakfast cook Tony was very friendly and made great omlettes. Christine took care of our room and made sure we had enough towels. Overall, the staff made sure we had a great time. Thank you

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsfield
Best Western Plus Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites
Yankee Inn
Yankee Inn
#5 of 15 in Lenox
Vacation Village in the Berkshires

Been to Crowne Plaza Pittsfield? Share your experiences!