“November dream!”

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“November dream!”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My friend brought me here for a visit one November Sunday and I fell in love...what must this place be like in the summer! I would love to spend a summer here. There are such lovely beaches, beach homes, sand, sun...and Newburyport and Newburyport Port are just around the corner.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Sumasi567

Coventry, Connecticut
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Easy Bicycling with Ocean Breeze!”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

The Plum island National Wildlife Refuge is near the town of Newburyport, and easy enough to find, the parking lot very convenient, and we begun our bike ride from the gate. The road is safe enough for this, there are numerous designated stop/spots with nice views of the marsh, wildlife
such as birds, etc. There is a slight incline towards the island refuge, but easy! We do have to share the road/trail, with cars. There is a longer trail, unpaved, we only used the paved part for the most part, we tried some of the unpaved-gravel trail, it is rough but dusty!
We used the excellent picknic/observation areas for lunch and water breaks, a real treat!
There are many beaches to walk and see the ocean! We sure would like to be back to this island refuge, in the near future!

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Felixberto E
Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beautiful beach in the fall too - dogs allowed after September 15th !”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I'm not a summer sweltering beach person. I love the cooler weather, and breeze. This beach was fabulous for excercise and taking a dog or two for a walk. Beware , there are folks that let their dogs off leash , all were friendly though. The sand is sloped and soft in some areas to work those leg muscles. It is a small hike from the parking lot, but partially covered with decking so it's not bad. Beauty as far as the eye can see. Can't advise on swimming, but it looks trecherous. We did not have to pay an enterance or parking fee, so perhaps after September 15th when dogs are allowed there is no charge.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank mycornerisne
Derry, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“lovely”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Hi currently on holiday in boston and its off peak season(sept) but still very warm and been told by the locals best time of year to come as the foliage is just starting to turn autumnal but still very warm and no crowds. The beach was beautiful and clean .The water a little on the cold side for me but if your a surfer great waves.As the season is coming to an end it felt very relaxed and didnt feel pushed along by the crowds.We even wore our shorts!!!A real great little beach and well worth going to.

Visited September 2012
Rochester, New York
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Gorgeous beach!!!”
Reviewed 26 August 2012 via mobile

I took my kids here on my last visit to the area and was pleasantly surprised. I usually dread going to the beach because of the crowds and this was not at all a problem with this beach. Although there were a lot of people (hot day, mid August) the beach was so large no one was on top of anyone else. If you aren't a sun worshipper, you could walk for an hour and never reach the end of the beach. The water did seem a bit more fierce than other beaches so I definitely watched my kids even more closely. The 5 dollars that you pay to get in the reserve is nothing and you can take a break and go farther in the reserve and walk the boardwalk. Or drive into Newburyport and have dinner or ice cream and shop away! Definitely a winner location that I wish I didn't live 7 hours from!!!

4 Thank SSA40