“Beautiful colonial cemetery”

and up
Boston Ghosts and Gravestones Tour
Ranked #5 of 70 things to do in Plymouth
More attraction details
Owner description: William Bradford, the second governor of Plymouth Colony, is buried here.
Central NY State
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Beautiful colonial cemetery”
Reviewed 24 August 2011

If you have the time while you're in the area, I would set aside an hour or so to wander through here. We first went there during a ghost tour, but I wanted to get a better look at the artwork on the stones so I went back early the next morning. It really is a pretty place, and I'm glad to see they take care of it. Besides the gravestones, they've added markers here and there to indicate any significant spots, such as the site of the first fort. And you get a great view of the town down to the water from the top of the hill. Those who appreciate cemetery art should not miss this.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank mandahxo

Avon, CT
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Really interesting, best seen at night on a ghost tour.”
Reviewed 27 July 2009

My husband and I went on a ghost tour that went through the cemetery. It was the perfect way to experience it, the second oldest cemetery in the US.

1 Thank vikingprincessa