“One of my favorites - but service has gone downhill”
Review of Patrizia's

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Court Street
Description: Patrizia's is an authentic European Italian restaurant located in Plymouth's historic waterfront. We believe in the Italian culinary tradition of cooking "secondo la stagione," which is based on seasonally available produce and the daily catch, featuring hearty dishes in the cold winter months and lighter fare in spring and summer. Come and have your family discover the dolce vita!
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I love Patrizia's --- every meal I've ever had there has been fantastic! It's one of my favorites in the area. BUT...what's happening to the service?? A few people have told me the service has been bad lately. I had to find out for myself, and sure enough, in August I went with a friend and it was really disappointing. It took too long for the waiter to bring us water; too long to get drinks; too long to take our order. The food took forever too and we wondered if he'd forgotten about it, as we hadn't seen our waiter in some time. Another waiter brought the entrees just as we were about to complain...and both dishes were not hot. The were room temperature basically.

My shrimp and scallops were delicious even though not the right temp. But for the price, Patrizia needs to ensure exceptional service. We did get one dessert for free to make up for it...and that was great. But I sure hope they will figure out why their service isn't working and make it better. Get back to the old Patrizias please!

2  Thank Diane P

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Myself and family went to Patrizia's a few nights ago. The appetizers were excellent and generous. We had a shrimp cocktail, tuna tartar, and carpaccio. We also ordered a filet mignon and veal to split among the 4 of us. The filet was cooked to perfection, exactly as ordered. The veal was very nicely prepared but what was really strange it was lukewarm when it arrived. It should have been sent back but we were so full from the appetizer, we chose to just take it home and reheat it at a later time. The restaurant was not that crowded.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

My husband and I ate here last night in celebration of our anniversary. While the food was good enough, the lack of service ruined the evening. I could understand if the restaurant was busy but it wasn't. We had made reservations for 6:45, which wasn't really necessary as there were plenty of open tables. After we were seated our waiter appeared in reasonable time to get our drink order, but after that it was all downhill. He took forever to take our orders, bring us bread, and serve us our meal. When we FINALLY got our meals, he was quickly gone again. I thought perhaps he was getting fresh cheese to grate over my pasta. Wrong!!! I waited a LONG while and finally had to ask another waiter (since our waiter was nowhere in sight) if I could perhaps get some grated cheese. Again more waiting before the cheese finally arrived at the table (by our waiter). I was then looking for another piece of bread to soak up the sauce (after all, this IS an Italian restaurant!!). Again our waiter was nowhere to be seen and this time we had to ask the hostess for a piece of bread. I mean....REALLY!! The evening was a BIG disappointment.

2  Thank mayiayia
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Would NOT recommend this place. Neither the quality of food nor the service were acceptable. Portions are too small for the price. They are also too slow.

In short, we had a very bad experience.

Their website gives a positive impression but I now understand that I shouldn't have taken it seriously.
I don't recommend at all.

2  Thank Ulkem515
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Food is good enough, we ate there for a birthday celebration about a year ago, and the hostess kept giving us the evil eye to move us along, while there was an empty table next to us the same size as ours the entire time. Not relaxing, as we were hosting the dinner, but I let it go as everyone was happy with the food.

Today I went in to buy a $200 gift certificate at 11:00 am. The doors were wide open and the gal setting up tables said OK to getting a gift certificate. A man bolted out the door from the kitchen and said "we are not open, can't you see we are setting up." Then he rudely demanded I leave the premises. WOW, in my entire 66 years, I have NEVER been treated this way trying to spend money in a retail establishment!

Those who got bad treatment here, must imagine if they treat customers this way...how do they treat their staff? (I am assuming this surly person had some part ownership, but don't know.)

One goes to restaurants to enjoy the ENTIRE experience. I can cook good food at home. So be forewarned about the service in this restaurant. Too bad "0" stars can't be given.

6  Thank iamchimera