“Would go again!”

Norton, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Would go again!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I brought two 13 year old girls (who generally are not impressed by anything, way too cool for me and usually have their noses stuffed in a phone). After we checked in at the grey hearse and walked to the first landmark, our tour guide Bob, had them leaning into his story and also startled them to pieces! He was not overly theatrical at all, which I have run into with other companies. The history made for some very creepy stories indeed and each site tied in well with the next. All of us lost power in our phones while taking pictures (not due to low battery). The homes were a great addition and I actually found myself feeling uncomfortable inside. You can also arrange to stay overnight in one of the homes (thanks but no thanks). The girls LOVED it and so did I. We have some wonderful pictures and Dead of Night did an excellent job for a very fair price.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Kelly G

Stuart, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Never again”
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

I am used to ghost tours in st Augustine and key west Fl. Thought it would rock to take my family on one in my home town. Wrong! The guide did nothing but talk down about all the other tours in the town, and tell us how fake different things were. He was too theatrical and a huge waste of 40.00

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Welovequality
deadofnightghosttour, Owner at Dead of Night Sunset Cemetery Tour, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
I don't think you have the right tour, our tours are led a me a women . We did not have a tour July 4, that is the only day we do not operate. There is another tour company in town with a similar name to ours. Did you check in at the Gray hearse ? If you did, that is us. If you didn't then you wrote a letter to a company that didn't service you. Can you please get back to me? so I can resolve this very troubling issue. We are our ghost tours are voted by trip advisor certificate of excellence. We pride our tour for giving the best to our guests.
Sincerely Janice
Hanson, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Think before you go...”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

First, let me say I am a skeptic of the of the spirit world. If I am going to do a ghost hunt, the history is important to me as to why spirits may be haunting.

Pros: History was good when you could hear. Was a nice brisk night for such an adventure. Guides were pleasant.

Cons: $20/person for the combo. We had 7 people in our group making for a pricey night. Theatrical, lots of boos, weird stories and sounds effects that were not necessary. When you get to the old court house, you are told to make sure to watch the window blinds at a specific window. We actually went the next day to further investigate why it would move and sure enough there is a converted heating system with a supply in that specific window and not others. Group size, there was a minimum of 45 people in our group, making it hard to hear, and no respect at the cemetery. There were people leaning on grave stones and people tripping on old grave stones. This is part of our American history being destroyed. Also, the guide was telling us exactly were to take photos, because that is where the spirits and orbs would be.
I would highly recommend driving another 30 minutes to Barnstable for the walking tour, it was much more informative and less theatrical with a smaller group. When we started, they told us it was unlikely we would see or feel anything, but it was informative. Also, before entering the cemetery, we were provided rules such as to stay on paths and not touch the stones.

Visited October 2012