“Nice Alternative to Driving”

Plymouth to Provincetown Express Ferry
Ranked #13 of 70 things to do in Plymouth
MA
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Nice Alternative to Driving”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Although next time I go I'll drive, this was a great way to see P-Town to get a flavor of the town. The ferry ride itself was as comfortable as can be with those hard seats. The crew was great and we left on time - it did take an hour and half, as advertised. As we pulled into Provincetown the sun came out! Coming back we left right at 4:30 and arrived back at 6, again, as advertised. It was windier on the way back, but I found the seats upstairs didn't feel the up and down of the boat as much. I did take a Bonine (Dramamine alternative) for the trip, as I normally get sea sick. Didn't seem particularly rough and I was fine! There really wasn't enough time to do too much in Provincetown...so plan on a nice lunch and some strolling around the town...maybe a quick run out to see a lighthouse. No beaches on this trip - too little time!

3 Thank AnneV87

Boston, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“GREAT TRIP”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This ferry ride is so relaxing, we boarded at 10:00am and docked in P-Town around noon, we had lunch and people watched then back onboard at 4:30pm and into Plymouth by 6:00pm...a great little trip.

2 Thank barbara j
Plymouth, Massachusetts
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I thought this would be a great way to enjoy Provincetown but I would rather drive next time. The 1.5 hour trip was really two hours. When we got on we were told it was choppy and that the galley had Dramamine. This sounded okay until it turned out the Dramamine had expired over a year ago! We were looking forward to the narration but never heard a word of it. Trip back also took 2 hours not 1.5 as advertised. The ferry should leave earlier to allow more time in Provincetown, should check its audio system, and update its Dramamine supply.

Connecticut, USA
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Better than driving”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

If you want to see P-town, check out the ferry as opposed to tackling the traffic. Love it or hate it, P-town is an interesting place. Might as well travel in a relaxed atmosphere! Our boat was a bit crowded (on a Sunday) but we had fun chatting with other passengers.

1 Thank Barbara T
Marshfield, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Harrowing return”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Left on a Friday in drizzle..bought the tickets on-line which I never would do again because if I hadn't had them I would have waited for a sunny day. Anyway, trip over was fine..1 l/2 hours. Trip back took 2hours and 40+ minutes..seas were high, ride was terrifying and tons of people got sick.. Personally I don't think the boat should have taken off back to Plymouth. On a positive note the crew was fantastic and very caring about the passengers...feel like they should have offered some compensation for the hellish ride home.

1 Thank 669Annie