“A new perspective on some old history”

Native Plymouth Tours
Ranked #9 of 25 Tours in Plymouth
More attraction details
Owner description: The first organized walking tours of historical downtown Plymouth, Massachusetts presented through the eyes and perspective of Native American Guides. Have fun learning the shared history of the Wampanoag and the Pilgrims in an enlightening and educational manner.
Boston, Massachusetts
“A new perspective on some old history”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Today I had the opportunity to spend a wonderful fathers day with my family with a most interesting tour. Our guide was very informative and allowed ample to time see the sights and answer any questions we might have. He gave us a new perspective on our history that I felt was well balanced. I highly recommend Native Plymouth Tours.

Visited June 2014

Lynnfield, Massachusetts
“The BEST private tour in Plymouth :)”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Tim made this the BEST Mother's Day with his intimate tour from the Native perspective. We enjoyed a wonderful brunch and then met Tim immediately following. It was a beautiful day and he made the day even better talking about the land, sharing his knowledge of history and .. we could not have asked for anything more. He was incredibly accommodating, quick to respond and his demeanor was so pleasant, easy going and very passionate. I had schedule this day for my mom and also had my two children with me ages 6 and 14 and as all moms out there know.. children can be very difficult to engage. However, both girls were great, enjoyed the tour and both walked away learning something different given the different ages. I think for my girls to hear about how native american women actually held leadership positions was important for them to hear and learn about :) I would recommend this tour to people of all ages and if it's your first trip to Plymouth.. this tour is a MUST!

Visited May 2014
Carver, Massachusetts, United States
“Native Residents Perspective”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We--a senior group of 21 walkers--booked with Tim to conduct the Native Plymouth Tour. It was fabulous. Tim talked about the Pawtuxet Village, the arrival of the English, the water inlets of colonial days, planting, fishing, hunting, native trails, the early settlement fathers and their relationships with prominent natives (Massasoit, Samoset). Most interesting was to understand 1620 from the Native American perspective and to learn about facts gleaned from research.

This was an excellent walking tour.

Visited November 2013
Camden NY
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A Thought Provoking Tour”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

On Sept. 10, a group of 6 retired teachers took the Native Plymouth Tour. It was excellent! Needless to say, learning about Plymouth from the Native American viewpoint is quite thought provoking and something that everyone should experience - the other side of the Pilgrim story!! Tim's obvious knowledge of and passion for the early history of Plymouth combined with his relaxed style makes this tour a must. The walk around the town took 2 hours. We saw and learned interesting facts about so many things that we would have just walked past if on our own.
Take this tour!!

Visited September 2013
Coventry, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“honest injun”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Like a previous reviewer we had Tim to ourselves. I don' know why this thour is not more frequented as it was totally fascinating. Essentially we wentr from the waterfront, upo one street, through a park and down another back the the waterfront. This encapsulated much of Plymouths's early history and tookj about 2 and a quarter hours. although advertised at 1/1/2 hours Tim will take as much time as neceessary. Tim will point out buildings, monuments and relate incidents and chronology of the early settlement putting to bed certain prevailing myths about relationships between the natives and the settlers. Well worth 15$ per person

Visited August 2013