“Leo's walking tour of Plymouth brings history to life!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Jenney Museum
Ranked #1 of 23 Tours in Plymouth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Historic Educational Plymouth Tours and Educational Programs. Your Journey into History Begins Here! Meet Leo Martin, local historian and tour guide, who will take you back in time as he tells stories of struggles, survival, and faith that set the cornerstones of our country. Discover Plymouth's History - a Walking Tour: Hear about the people, places, and events that shaped the beginning of our country as you walk through the historic district of Plymouth. Reservations required. Forefathers Monument Tour - This hidden gem is the largest free standing solid granite monument in our country. The faith of the Pilgrims will become real to you as you learn what each of the five statues represents. Beginning with Faith, hear the faith story of the Pilgrims all in one spot. Conversations with a Pilgrim: Educational programs with Leo Martin and Goodwife Patience. Learn about all aspects of the Pilgrim family including economics, education, government, and faith. Christian Heritage Tours: If the faith story is what you want to hear, this tour is for you. All tours require a reservation. Visit our website for tour times and information about our tours and programs. Open seasonally.
Sevier County, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Leo's walking tour of Plymouth brings history to life!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the walking tour and monument tour with Leo Martin. His colorful anecdotes and knowledgeable commentary on the faith and resilience of the pilgrims were both entertaining and inspiring. I wish that my kids had been here for this tour and hope to bring them soon.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank natbowditch

Boerne, Texas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Jenney House Museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

I loved this place because my 12th great grandfather built & worked this mill. I was told the mill could not run because they were charging too much rent due to the great ratings Trip Advisor had given them, that upset me that because of publicity they can`t operate the way they want

Visited February 2013
4 Thank tattoolady1
Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Ancestrial Journey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

We took all three of the tours offered by Leo. He did an incredible job of bringing to life the Forefathers' Monument, Plymouth, and the Economics during the Pilgram times. Take advantage of this great resource.

3 Thank Lee B
Hudson, New Hampshire
132 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Doing Good Things!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

This little gem is in the process of making itself into a very interesting house museum. Not too much to see yet, but it looks promising. The walking tour of Plymouth that starts here sounded like it would be very informative. Our schedule did not permit us to take it since it was two hours long, but maybe next time.

2 Thank Nancy N
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Eye opening and engaging!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

This is the oldest standing house in Plymouth that Pilgrims actually lived in. It was so interesting to be given a guided tour, to ask questions, and really get a feel for the times. I'd like to go back when the upstairs is open and see more. I really felt like I had a better understanding of the history of Plymouth and the Pilgrims after this visit.

4 Thank Emily D

Been to Jenney Museum? Share your experiences!