“EAT HERE”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Charming ambience. Historical tavern with great food and innovative chef. Had dinner inside and desert outside. Fabulous evening. Place was full so it was a bit noisey, but it did not affect our good time.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had the extraordinary pleasure of dining at this historic charming restaurant. Local fare in a classic quaint ambiance, pricey and worth it! The food was prepared to perfection, beautifully presented and promptly served. I had wild boar for the first time, and I forgot what my hubby had. We would love to return as it's in our top three favorite restaurants now. It's tucked away off the beaten path and not easy to find in the dark but we enjoyed the adventure. If you like fine dining with memories to last a lifetime this restaurant is a must!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The setting is unique, the staff friendly and the kitchen provides a culinary treat. However, the noise level is the spoiler. I will look forward to returning off season or when the acoustical problem is solved, making conversation possible.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

In these days of GPS wayfinding, this was fairly easy to find. It is probably easier to travel on highway 3 to avoid some gravel roads.

The chef-prepared food was excellent, menu well-suited to varied tastes, and the tavern boasted inside and garden dining. There was live music (excellent singer) when we were there and a quiet, congenial crowd. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My daughter who was visiting wanted to try Rye Tavern. Noticed they are now open a few days for lunch and while we would have preferred to go for dinner as their lunch menu is basic lunch fare...lunch was the only option with her schedule.
Rye Tavern is certainly a nice setting, especially this time of year. We ate outside and it was lovely. Kind of a "one with nature thing" in the middle of open space makes it quite tranquil..
We opted for their clam chowder which I would describe as a deconstructed version. Nicely flavored broth on the bottom with 2 or 3 large sized fried clams atop a good sized scoop of mashed potatoes placed on the side of bowl, it was very rich. We also had their burger which was cooked as we requested. The jam they use is lovely. The waitress said the roll is homemade, although to me it wasn't remarkable. We also shared a braised garden green salad, which I believed they just picked some of the ingredients from their garden! We both were glad we tried it ... just don't think I would order that same salad again. Service was good. Surprised we were the only 2 there...it was such a beautiful day and felt badly for the waitress.

1  Thank waterviews2014