“Good food, good atmosphere”

The Driftwood Publick House
Ranked #38 of 207 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American, German, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: The Driftwood Publick House offers a variety of in-house quality food and boasts the best selection of beer, wine and spirits from around the world; located in the heart of downtown Plymouth, MA
Kingston, Massachusetts
“Good food, good atmosphere”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

It's small, but packs a punch. Hand-cut fries and stuffed pretzel...yum. Definitely worth the wait. Seating is very limited, so expect to wait. Eaten here a few times and will continue to frequent.

• Visited March 2014

Sandwich, Massachusetts
“pretzel magic”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Huge pretzel filled with steak and cheese standard on the menu. Awesome, too big to eat alone, great for sharing. Special pretzels also. Shepards pie pretzel and etc.

• Visited May 2014
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Love, love, love!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We had a group of 7 and on a Saturday night around 6, we had over an hour wait. I can honestly say that the wait was so worth it! Driftwood is very small but packs a punch with their delicious food. We had the steak and cheese pretzel to start with and a side of wings. The pretzel was to die for! I then ordered the chicken and waffles and was jammed packed because I couldn't stop eating it. It was so good!
All seven of us had a great time and left with rave reviews! We will be going back when we are in the area!

Phantom Gourmet showcased Driftwood very well!

West Bridgewater, Massachusetts
“Driftwood Publick House”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Ok, so I love this restaurant. But there are some inconsistencies that nearly made me cry, because the expectations were so high from previous meals here. I love their burgers, oysters, stuffed pretzels, mac n cheese, bloody mary's, wide array of beers... but I did not like the Egg Benny that I had. It's tight, and when there is live music, it is sometimes too loud. BUT the pluses outweigh the minuses. If this were located where I live (West Bridgewater), it would be slammed constantly for it's beer selection and unique food options. With so many great restaurants in the area, competition is steep. I am grateful for establishments like this.

• Visited March 2014
Massachusetts
“Mezza Mez - half good”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Was looking for a place to eat on a Friday night, and the reviews of this place sounded great. I love eclectic, different menus. And the menu was truly eclectic. I had a tasty arugula salad, and the boys liked their burgers. The shoestring fries were also very good. We started, though, with calamari, which was very plain. The sauce was ranch-like...which might have been good if the ringlets were spicy...but they were bland. Cooked fine, but plain. The onion rings that came with the burger were a bit too undercooked...considering the thick beer batter, not a good combo.
But the drinks were awesone! Loved the Old Man in the Sea.
There is so much competition - so many restaurants to try - I won't be pushing to return.
The service was very good - we had an attentive, friendly waitress. The volume, though, was unnecessarily loud. It was still very early - before 8, and the music was blaring.

• Visited January 2014