“What a find”

Ranked #42 of 210 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American, German, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: The Driftwood Publick House offers a variety of in-house quality food and boasts the best selection of beer, wine and spirits from around the world; located in the heart of downtown Plymouth, MA
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Thought it was going to be a typical brew pub but the food selections were great. Several things I could have tried on the menu. Had the sweet potato skins with bleu cheese and duck confit which was excellent. The clams steamed in ale with chorizo were excellent. Wish I could have tried the stuffed pretzels.

2  Thank RoBertie

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We visited here late July after a spot of whale watching, and it was a good place to relax and have a drink and a bite to eat after!

I've been wanting to try calamari for ages, and thought I'd give it a go here. Delicious! I would definitely get it again, I loved the sauce that came with it. My wife got the Diftwood burger which she liked too. The drinks selection is pretty good too, plenty to choose from!

I kind of wish they offered a little more food options on the menu, but what they do have is very nice!

Would definitely go again.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

The dishes are really good. It is a little dark inside, but the interior is OK. The waitress is very friendly. I'd recommend it to my best friend.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Waitress extremely well informed about entrees. When asked about chowder she said its won two awards and the resturant has only been open for two years!! She sold us and we were not disappointed. Best oyster chowder we had in a long time. We made a meal out of a bowl. Great informal atmosphere. Mid priced.

2  Thank mamakimbo
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We just went here to eat and after all the good stuff we have heard I was kind of disappointed. It started out very good with an excellent oyster chowder. And I should mention my wife did love her drink. If everything else was that good I would have loved this place. My wife's salad with chicken breast was okay. My Driftwood burger was way overcooked. I ordered medium and I got very well done and dry. The onion rings with the burger were greasy mostly breading with little onion I do not expect to pay 12 dollars for a bad burger. If it was as good as the New World Tavern which I guess has spoiled us for great bar food, the price would have been worth it.