“We came for a day - and stayed for a week”
Review of Blue Spruce Motel

Blue Spruce Motel
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We were travelling down the East Coast. Boston was too expensive and crowded so we drove further south. All hotels and motels we saw before had no vacancy left. Surprisingly Tom had a room for a day which prevented us at least from sleeping in the car. The next day, after a quiet night in a wonderful cozy, clean and well maintained room, we asked for the possibility to stay longer as we wanted to keep the Blue Spruce as our home base for traveling around in the area. Tom moved some bookings and finally we could keep the room and spent the second week of our trip there. Thank you Tom, and thank you Cheryl for making us feel so good as your guests, for the free Wi-Fi and last but not least, the gorgeous breakfast, the best we had found on the whole trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Blue Spruce Motel

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I took a spontaneous weekend trip from CA to Boston without even booking a hotel in advance. When I arrived, the prices in Boston were way too expensive for my liking so I headed down to Plymouth. A friend told me this place was pretty good, so I gave it a try. They were right; The owners are extremely friendly and informative on how to get around in the cheapest way possible, it's affordable, clean, comfortable and right across the street from a store incase you need something quick to grab. Unfortunately, I didn't get to explore Plymouth due to me being sick and it was raining and snowing the entire time. If I ever head back to Plymouth, I'll be sure to stay here again. This place was great!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank thefallofmars
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Great place to stay. The location is perfect for getting to the Cape or the Plymouth area. There are stores, banking, and restaurants within walking distance. The rooms could use a little update, but they are clean and very comfortable. Tom, the owner is friendly and very helpful. The available wi fi is great. Breakfast on the terrace is the best way to start your day! The variety of breakfast choices is probably the best anywhere. It is reasonably priced and so much better than the large chain hotels.

Room Tip: All kinds of rooms to suit whatever you need.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Betty B
Reviewed 12 September 2013

On the step-off to Arcadia National Park, we were happy to find this great motel. Tom and his wife, the owners, were great and the breakfast was better than in all hotels we had been on our trip! The rooms are very clean and enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Pati R
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed at the Blue Spruce for one night only, but it made a great impression! We needed a place between Boston and the Cape, and this place was highly recommended. I am SO glad that we stayed here; the owners were super friendly, the rooms were comfortable, the porches were wonderful for visiting with my family (who had another room), and the breakfast was phenomenal! A great mix of a European and Irish breakfast, with the best coffee I've had in a while. And if you stay at the Blue Spruce, definitely try the 42 Degrees North Restaurant; the food is beyond great, and they serve the best Sangria anywhere! If I ever make it back to Plymouth, I will not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank dalaasrose8
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed at the Blue Spruce for two nights during the 4th of July week, and although we didn't spend a lot of time in our room the time we did was enjoyable. The bed was comfortable, the shower was perfect, and parking was a breeze. Thanks, Tom.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Goldenspring
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We recently at the Blue Spruce Motel for 3 nights. Although the rooms could use some updating, they are clean, there is plenty of hot water, the beds are comfortable and the breakfast is great. The breakfast had hard boiled eggs, hard salami and different cheeses, fruit salad as well as yogurt, breads and muffins. I have never seen this variety anywhere else where a cold breakfast is served. The owners were very friendly and assisted in all of our needs. We will definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank caroltn1950
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#6 of 9 in Plymouth
Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth
Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay

Been to Blue Spruce Motel? Share your experiences!