“I know Seafood Platters” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 42 Degrees North

42 Degrees North
Ranked #13 of 203 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: New Restaurant - seafood -excellent!!!!
Kingston, Massachusetts
“I know Seafood Platters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I finally used my Christmas gift certificates at 42º North in Plymouth and ordered my usual Seafood Platter. The trick with s/f platters is that they hide a mound of fries under a layer of seafood. Both my wife and I got the heaping platter and the fries as usual were under the seafood but in this case we had to dig down deep to get to the fries. Ususally you will get 3 shrimp, this platter had 5 shrimp along with 5 medium sizes of fish portions, good portion of clams and scallops also. I lived in Plymouth and Kingston all my life. I am not a tourist and very familiar with restaurant seafood for this area. I rate the meal well above average for the area. We were seated near a corner and the waitress would come to our table numerous times to see if we needed anything and within them times offered and brought me 2 coke refills without my asking. I enjoyed a second meal from the take homes I could not finish at the restaurant and my wife took 3 tries to finish. We were very pleased with 42º North restaurant and will probably give it another go when the seafood cravings sneak up on us again. The baked stuffed lobster in their video caught my eye.

Rochester, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We sat outside and had a delicious meal! the fish was fresh and well prepared and the short ribs were yummy! The waitstaff was attentive and helpful. Would absolutely return!

1 Thank karenMI c
Hanson, Massachusetts
“Dirty Dishes, Uncleaned Shrimp!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have written a number of reviews both here and for Yelp! but have never given a 'terrible' until today. I had been looking forward to trying 42 Degrees North and finally went there for lunch. After being seated, the waitress came over with bread and oil with and left four bread dishes on the end of the table. We started to divide them and realized they were all dirty with food and grease. We called the waitress over who apologized and took them away. A few minutes later she brought four new plates which, although not covered with pieces of food, were also dirty. When we pointed this out she took them without comment and brought clean plates - about half an hour later. But, to me, the worst was my lunch: the Seafood Saute. The shrimp was so over cooked it was like rubber before I realized that none of the shrimp had been cleaned. The intestine and the intestinal contents were obvious in each of the five remaining shrimp. The scallops were also very overcooked: I have never had tough scallops before. The rest of the dish was tasteless. I sent the dish back (I believe this is the only time I have ever sent a dish back) and the idea of eating anything from this kitchen was simply unpalatable.

To be fair, the other three meals were good and the manager did comp us two glasses of wine but also made a big deal out of not charging me for what was an inedible and uneaten meal.

I cannot imagine ever giving this place a second chance.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Bjdoliber
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Bad experince”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I have eaten here a few times and for the most part it was pretty good but one bad experice has soured me and makes me question if I will ever go back. I ordered Salmon and it came out mostly raw in the middle. they took it back and I got another piece but it was after my friend had finished her meal and they did not comp me my meal for my inconvenience nor did they offer me a free dessert or any time of compensation for their error. It kinda soured me as to where I would go back. It is not fun watching someone else eat their meal while you are waiting for your.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kristen C
Madrid, Spain
“Great modern place to have a nice meal outside & outdoor bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This place was a super nice find. The place looks newly renovated and the outdoor seating was really nice to enjoy a summer night dinner. Right next to the tables there's also a outdoor bar where people can just have a drink and watch sports on multiple tvs. The waitstaff were all very kind and sweet. You gotta try the mac n' cheese fritters! Everything that we ordered was really tasty (atlantic cioppino and ceaser salad).

• Visited June 2014