“We enjoyed our meal!”

Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We ate her with grandchildren and the service was attentive and friendly and helpful. Food was good and reasonable prices. Everyone enjoyed their meals, thank you!

1  Thank 121bw

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Went here for lunch as we had been wanting to try it since it opened last year OK just 2nd day of being open after winter season. Rest rooms dirty! So onto the food ordered clam chowder so salty sent it back and oh yes they forgot the potatoes, my entree was a flat bread pizza that was doughy undercooked an unimaginative. Chef came to our table and offered apologies but all we wanted was a nice lunch.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We had been talking about trying Nix's for ages so on our trip down to check out the beach house decided to stop for lunch. Seeing as this was day 2 of their new season was somewhat surprised at just how dirty the entranceway and bathroom was.They say you can tell a lot about a restaurant from the condition of the restrooms so should have taken the hint. Chowder was cold, too salty to have more than one taste, and they forgot to put the potatoes in. Can not say much more about the food that followed. The staff was great, one of the owners was very understanding and apologized, but all in all, went for a meal not to meet nice folks.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This restaurant would seem to be in the perfect location, down on the water in downtown Plymouth, surrounded by a wide variety of other places. But this place was not good, really, on any level.

No, I stand corrected there are two highlights (seriously), the bar and the live music. I really enjoyed the music and the bar looks like a great place to watch a Celtics, Bruins, Red Sox or Pats game. For a game and a few beers I'd probably give this place another shot, but not for a meal.

For starters the menu is limited. I hate to see a menu where they have "scratched out" several dishes with a magic marker. You can still read what it was and you wonder why they don't have it... But I was expecting a wide variety of fish, given their location; maybe we were still on the winter menu.

So I found a steak dish that sounded good. I thought the fries would be the really thin ones, but they were normal size, not fresh and looked like what was leftover in the kitchen. The steak was cooked very rare, even though I wanted medium rare. They cut the steak in strips and this did nothing to improve the meal. They should have left it alone, so I would not have seen the quality of the meat - poor. My son had a steak that he said was just OK.

The service was a little bizarre. We got our beer and some bread, which was actually okey. Before we finished the bread one of the servers came and took away the last roll and the oil that we were still planning on eating! They would ask us every 5 minutes if we were done, or if the food was okey. I know it was a slow night, but it got a little annoying.

With so many other great choices in town I think this place will need to pick up their game if they want to compete. I'd start with a better menu, have more fish dishes, be sure to have high quality beers (they were out of Stella) in stock, and do some things to warm the place up a bit.

Perhaps we got them on a bad night as it was Easter Sunday evening. The place was almost deserted, so they probably knew it would be a very slow night.

But good live music, I just felt sorry for the performers as they were singing to a virtually empty house. Maybe next year, assuming they are still around, they should close on Easter Sunday.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Share review
Edit review

4.0 star rating

Four of us went to dinner this past weekend. It was recommend by a friend however i was hesitant to give it a chance due to the reviews but i was pleasantly surprised. We were greeted by the hostess who was very friendly and accommodating. We wanted a booth with a window view of the harbor but they were all occupied so we choose to grab a drink at the bar while we waited. The Bartender was very friendly and knowledgeable informing us about drink specials as well as the happy hour (4-7). It took about 15 minutes for our table to open up. The four of us got two apps calamari and mussels they were both very good.My wife got the lob mac and i got the ahi tuna special which was good but overcooked I let my waitress Aria know and she was very apologetic and got me a new dish quickly.She got the manger in voled who stopped by shortly to see how everything was going which was nice because Candi had already stopped by before to introduce herself prior to the overcooked ahi tuna, she took the dish off the check and offered us desert for the inconvenience. The couple we dinned with both got the scallops dish and both enjoyed it.We got the warm cookie sandwich to share for desert after the recommendation from the waitress which was a little messy but still good. So other than the overcooked dish which was resolved in a timely manner, Food was good, Atmosphere was great and the best part was how friendly and attentive the staff was.I will be back and will be recommending Nix's to friends and anyone who had a past bad experience.