“Belly laughing good time”

Americana Theatre Company
Ranked #14 of 70 things to do in Plymouth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I had a blast! My father took me and we had such a great time I can't wait to go back! I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Americana has mastered the art of story-telling through theater. "The Cottage" is a gas; "Moonlight and Magnolias" is nutty and thought-provoking. We have seen the two shows on consecutive nights and have been delighted with each. We plan to see "Moonlight and Magnolias" again tomorrow evening. Production values are high, the venue is intimate, the acting is first rate. Combined, these make for a wonderful evening's entertainment.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

very intimate setting . Actors were very very good. Went with a friend to see The Cottage. very enjoyable and funny. Love the small theatre atmosphere . Great night out many nice restaurants with in walking distance. Will be going to see another production in the next week or two. Very much enjoyed the evening.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Plymouth is host to the Americana Theater Company. We have enjoyed their quality performances in the past and continue to do so this summer. The actors are professional with resumes that include the New York, D.C. and Boston stages, to name a few. The venue, however, is unique. The performances take place in a room of the old Plymouth Public Library on North Street in downtown Plymouth. The room is small and you could literally touch an actor. There is seating for 50 people. Unfortunately the night we were there there were only 14 in the audience, perhaps due to it being a Sunday evening. The actors, and production staff, produce a quality play and the tickets are only $25! During intermission there is complimentary wine, water and snack.
We would encourage all to check out this theater company...you are in for a treat! Don't miss it!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I attended both "The Cottage" and "Moonlight and Magnolias" this weekend. The acting was excellent and the shows hilarious! I was so impressed with my experience -- from walking in to the final bow, Americana is pure magic.