“Very Good Seafood”
Review of East Bay Grill

East Bay Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
East Bay Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 210 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We are here twice on our recent trip. You can make reservations on line at their website or on Open Table. They are busy so reservations are good.

Seafood was tasty. First night I was served over done halibut but they quickly replaced it. Shrimp cocktail was very good. Crab cakes were excellent. Wedge salad was very good.

Service was very good both night. It has a pleasant view over a green lawn facing the water. Outside dining is very popular. We sat by the window both nights.

Over-all, very good. We would go there again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,083)

Reviewed 28 July 2014

On several occasions over the last year I have brought clients to the East Bay Grill. Simply outstanding food, drink, atmosphere, and staff. No matter how busy, the result is always the same - an excellent event. Obviously seafood is the specialty, every manor possible. For folks that do not enjoy the "fruits del mar" the terrestrial offerings are equally satisfying. I can not comment on desert, have always filled up on the main dishes and good drink to much. I would suggest with a large group having a number of appetizers as the meal. When I want to make the right impression, thanks someone properly, I drop the anchor at East Bay Grill.

2  Thank gryphonskymaster
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is nice, but our waiter was pretty bad. The lobster and crab rangoons were ok, and the Chilean seabass could have been better. Super pricey.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were not familiar with Plymouth restaurants (didn't do my homework on Tripadvisor) so I tried what is generally recommended - asked a local. But this local was the young man who worked at the Mayflower II, who said he hadn't gone to the East Bay Grill personally but he had heard it was good. Didn't turn out to be a good experience. We saw a lot of cars in the lot which should be a good sign. The waiter arrived reasonably promptly to take orders, but overall after that the service was slow. Individually, the Margarita was very good, the oysters were ok, and the lobster bisque was pretty good, but had a bite which we don't like. The main course - we both had the schrod - in comparison to schrod I've had many other times at other places, this was probably the worst I've ever had - poor texture and little to no taste. The veges were undercooked and tasteless. My wife's rice was dry. The only bright spot was my baked sweet potato which was perfect. We did not request dessert. Overall a disappointing meal.

1  Thank CONNvacationers
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Great location, great atmosphere, excellent food and service. I said it all in the title. Try the car or cake: wow.